North Idaho / Eastern Washington

My ducks are missing. they were here Sunday and gone Monday. No evidence of predators.

I've been having raccoon issues. It took us a couple weeks to figure it out, as there was no blood, no bodies, no pieces of anything, just a few extra feathers than normal and birds missing. I think they've been my big predator all season long. We lost 6 ducklings of various ages, a pekin duck, a couple of chickens, and even a half-grown gosling. They are apparently out in force this year.

That really stinks! Do ducks usually just fly away? I know nothing about ducks of course but I was just wondering. I hope you find them.

Must domestic ducks can't fly, just muscovy and mallards, I think.

I'm able and willing to help out. Do you still need $21? I'm not by any means an experienced chicken owner, but would really love to get some of the chicks at some point. Maybe you could go over some options with me. Thank you so much!

Basically I am collecting information on people interested and the amount they are willing to pitch in. My mom is in also at $25.00. I want to have a large enough amount to blow my competitor out of the bidding war. It ends on Sunday at 7pm. I am watching at this point and waiting for the deadline to get closer, at the last minute I will bid enough to win if I can. If your amount and anyone else from here on out is not needed, the chicks will be given to the first and subsequent people in line as to pledges. That seems like the fairest way to do it. So I will put you third in line for $20.00 ok?

Hope it's not the golf ball

:yuckyuck

Basically I am collecting information on people interested and the amount they are willing to pitch in. My mom is in also at $25.00. I want to have a large enough amount to blow my competitor out of the bidding war. It ends on Sunday at 7pm. I am watching at this point and waiting for the deadline to get closer, at the last minute I will bid enough to win if I can. If your amount and anyone else from here on out is not needed, the chicks will be given to the first and subsequent people in line as to pledges. That seems like the fairest way to do it. So I will put you third in line for $20.00 ok?
:yuckyuck

Sounds fine!
263a.png

Glad you had a good visit. I really wish I would have had the chance to visit with you.
Sounds like several of us have broodies. Tonight when i got home I checked on mine and another hen had taken over the nest. I kicked her out and put the original girl back in. She was sitting in the empty box next door. She has 14 eggs under her! I only wanted a few, but they had other ideas i guess.

Ok peeps!! Saris is in for 30, anyone else want to help out a family in need and get the chance at some really cool chickens??? I will hang on to the chicks if anyone doesn't have room and either hatch for you when they start laying or whatever anyone wants. These are super rare and there are not many in this area, a chance to get them going here!

I'm able and willing to help out. Do you still need $21? I'm not by any means an experienced chicken owner, but would really love to get some of the chicks at some point. Maybe you could go over some options with me. Thank you so much!

yuckyuck.gif

Sounds fine!
263a.png

Yay! Teamwork!

Glad you had a good visit. I really wish I would have had the chance to visit with you.
Sounds like several of us have broodies. Tonight when i got home I checked on mine and another hen had taken over the nest. I kicked her out and put the original girl back in. She was sitting in the empty box next door. She has 14 eggs under her! I only wanted a few, but they had other ideas i guess.

Ok peeps!! Saris is in for 30, anyone else want to help out a family in need and get the chance at some really cool chickens??? I will hang on to the chicks if anyone doesn't have room and either hatch for you when they start laying or whatever anyone wants. These are super rare and there are not many in this area, a chance to get them going here!
what are they again?

Never mind the above... i went back and read your original post and saw they are silkie/AM, and then i went forward and read how you are conducting the collections of monies. I can give you $20.00 but i am not interested in the chicks. how do i get the $ to you? I can mail it to you. i will wait to see if you win the auction, and then i will mail it to you, how does this sound? So count me in for $20 towards your bid..

Last edited:
I need the help of my peeps!! I have a chance to get some Silkied Ameraucana eggs. I am bidding on a benifit facebook page for a family in need. So far I have bid $150.00 which is my limit. I just got out bid at $200.00!

I would love it if you all could help out, to raise more money by Sunday 7pm. If we win I will share the chicks that hatch. The donater says it will be more than a dz eggs.
Here is the link to the page. If you have time please read their story. Maybe join in and bid on some eggs or chicks!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1715495295392964/

Thank you!

Shari
Hi Shari... i would like to help you, how much $$ do you need and when do you need it. How can i get it to you?
strike this post...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom