North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
@CyndiD I'm not sure this order is going to be placed, I can't seem to get everyone communicating with me at the same time to plan things out. There is a minimum chick requirement of 5 for each breed. So for you to get 2 of eash of those chicks you would have to order 15 chicks, which seems ridiculous to me. If you want to do that I will still try to figure things out for you though. The two other people I'm talking to are on facebook.

I'm impressed with an 11 year old that is this into chickens. Anyway last year I got my entire flock from local farm stores. I got Easter Eggers/Americauna, Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Red, Astralorpe, Golden Sex link, Buff Orpington and wyandottes. I just called around. I picked them up at Del's in Cheney, Northwest Seed and Pet and North 40 on trent. Each of these places have new chicks that arrive each week and each week has varying varieties. So you call and ask for a specific breed and ask when they will be arriving. There are pro's and con's to getting them the same day. First come first serve means that you will get the breed you want. However it also means that there might be a fatality if the bird didn't travel well. I lost 1 of thirteen chicks. Good luck!

Sounds good :)

Here's a picture of the original i made for myself. My model is a 5 year old

And Here's the material that's going into this next one. Just crocheted :)

In everyone's opinion, how many egg pockets would be ideal?

Here's a picture of the original i made for myself. My model is a 5 year old

And Here's the material that's going into this next one. Just crocheted :)

In everyone's opinion, how many egg pockets would be ideal?

Love it! I would probably want 2 or 3 pockets. And I love the crochet ♡

@CyndiD
 I'm not sure this order is going to be placed, I can't seem to get everyone communicating with me at the same time to plan things out. There is a minimum chick requirement of 5 for each breed. So for you to get 2 of eash of those chicks you would have to order 15 chicks, which seems ridiculous to me. If you want to do that I will still try to figure things out for you though. The two other people I'm talking to are on facebook.

It is quite OK that we are not able to order chicks together, at this time. I really don't need to be adding to my flock. I have hatched a few myself and will let the hens hatch more this coming spring. I have a Seabright that is my broody hen, she allows me to put eggs under her also. My DH will be happy with my decision too. Thanks for trying so hard.

With my luck, my husband would want to come along :rolleyes: .  I've turned him into a crazy chicken person too!

I Love your quilts and your runners. I tried to make a runner with small pieces and got mixed up with the measurements. I still have all the pieces just sitting in my fabric box... ughhh. If you are good with small pieces, you could help me, if you want to?
And I am totally fine with your husband joining us, I like men, I am married to one and he is pretty darn cool, but he wouldn't want to join us. Ask the other gals if they are ok with this or mabe they want it estrogen only???? tee hee...

I'm impressed with an 11 year old that is this into chickens. Anyway last year I got my entire flock from local farm stores. I got Easter Eggers/Americauna, Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Red, Astralorpe, Golden Sex link, Buff Orpington and wyandottes. I just called around. I picked them up at Del's in Cheney, Northwest Seed and Pet and North 40 on trent. Each of these places have new chicks that arrive each week and each week has varying varieties. So you call and ask for a specific breed and ask when they will be arriving. There are pro's and con's to getting them the same day. First come first serve means that you will get the breed you want. However it also means that there might be a fatality if the bird didn't travel well. I lost 1 of thirteen chicks.  Good luck!

I talked to a local feed store near me and he was to get back with me after he called the hatchery he orders from. He hasn't called me back yet and that was more than a week ago. I will call him Mon. they are closed Sun. I asked him if he could order me a few chicks (of my choice). He said he thought that I had to order 25, but he would check.... this is the glich I am running into. I certainly do not want 25 chicks. I could order eggs, that is my next option and probably what I will do. I am looking at heritage breeds, e.g. SLD & RD. But, I really do not need any more chickens. Thanks for your suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom