Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

Are these birds entered in the show? Entries need the proof of PUllorum testing, NPIP, sent in with the entries. The entry date closing was 12/27.
The answer to your question is no,, you did not have to retest your flock. Birds do not need legbands for proof of NPIP, just the owners need to have proof that their birds were tested.
Yes I did send in my paperwork from the testing I had, and they have received my entry. That's great that I don't have to have the leg bands on my birds! I will just have to pick up some for identification.

okay so are we going to make name tags? I can't wait to meet everyone!
I have the template and will be happy to make up some name tags for those who want one...Kayla, I already included your name. Anyone else can put a post on this thread. We just have to figure out where to distribute the tags.

Maybe at Roberta's booth so when you all are buying her lovely jewelry and Suzanne's adorable crocheted chicks, you can also pick up your name tags?

I have the template and will be happy to make up some name tags for those who want one...Kayla, I already included your name. Anyone else can put a post on this thread. We just have to figure out where to distribute the tags.

Maybe at Roberta's booth so when you all are buying her lovely jewelry and Suzanne's adorable crocheted chicks, you can also pick up your name tags?
yay
big_smile.png

I was hoping to include the BYC screen name and the persons first name. I'll make up a tag for anyone who has already posted on this thread.

Do exhibitors get ID holders to hang around their necks? It would actually be more cost effective for me, if I could print up multi colored tags for folks to insert in ID holders, rather than buy a box of expensive stick on labels. This would make it easy to pick out fellow BYCers in the crowd if the tags are hanging.

What do you think of that idea? Do you all have them at home? If not, HomeDepot sells them in their key department. These can even be purchased at dollar stores or college bookstores.
Tina

I was hoping to include the BYC screen name and the persons first name. I'll make up a tag for anyone who has already posted on this thread.

Do exhibitors get ID holders to hang around their necks? It would actually be more cost effective for me, if I could print up multi colored tags for folks to insert in ID holders, rather than buy a box of expensive stick on labels. This would make it easy to pick out fellow BYCers in the crowd if the tags are hanging.

What do you think of that idea? Do you all have them at home? If not, HomeDepot sells them in their key department. These can even be purchased at dollar stores or college bookstores.
Tina
I wouldn't mind getting one, or one that pins on. We will also be getting a paper with everyone's names and coop numbers on it so we can find the people who's names we know.

Some shows hand out the "Hello, my name is...." but truthfully, most people don't wear them. Except the newbies.
The Old timers figure if you don't already know them...
Let me look in my inventory.. I think I ordered lanyards for things just like this, and if I can't find them, I do have a few last minute things I need to order.
I DON'T have the plastic pocket they go in. Will look for those, but unless they are cheep, I not getting them.
Sorry, money is at a premium this time of year.

There is a chance that i will make the trip down for this show. I am looking for a couple of quality LF cochin hens/pullets. Also interested in jersey giants and a Breda roo and possibly pullet or 2. I have never been to a show before and this sounds like an excellent one to start with!

Between this show and my spring chick order I am in big trouble. Seriously, I am going to have to get a much larger coop. Which is cool with me (not the husband though) because then I can turn my smaller coop into a hatchery for the broody hens, or a coop for those special needs birds. :) I attended my first show (the New England Bantam show in November) and managed to only get three birds. I feel like the Congress will have even more of a selection, no?

Back
Top Bottom