Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

stoopid

Chicken Fairy Godmother
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
It's that time of year again for the best show in the northeast.
http://www.poultrycongress.com/ It's in Springfield Mass at the Big E fairgrounds.
January 19-20, 2013
I am posting this very late, as the original poster never answered me.
Entries must be postmarked by December 27.
So get out of your winter blues and come see all the beautiful birds entered and some others for sale in the sale room next door over.
And you will have a chance to buy some great stuff from the vendors.
Mareks vaccine is now off backorder, and Peter Brown from First State Vet Supply will have it.
http://www.firststatevetsupply.com/store2/vaccines/live-vaccines/mareks-vaccine.html
And I will have my chicken earring table there. If you have been to Sussex Co NJ shows, you may have seen my wares.

So let us know what you will are looking to buy or sell, and maybe we can do some pre-orders on this thread.
And make life so much easier.

Hope to see you there!
Roberta

Last edited:
There is a Chinese Buffet up the street from the fair grounds. When we have had meet ups for a 4 wheeling group we go there. It has plenty of food, lots of tables and most everybody can find something to eat. Just an idea! The buffet is in the Century Plaza, though I can not remember its name!

Finally home and unpacked! SO great seeing all of my friends at this show - and the weather was surprisingly wonderful! I could have left my long johns at home! What a great collection of birds - some truly spectacular animals. Can I hear a shout out for the large gathering of Faverolles? Woot!

Quote:
Congratulations on your success!
Thank you! Hope you can come next year - should be twice as awesome with the Nationals!

We had a great time at our first chicken show. The only chicken i bought was a tiny clay one, that had a little hole under her which hid a tiny egg....she was the cutest thing I have ever seen! in terms of pottery!!
Couldnt find any peeps or eggs of the types I was searching for, was mildy bummed about that, as I was all set up in my car with coolers and warmies for either eggs or peeps!
But man were there some beautiful birds. And it was my hubby's first time seeing any other breed aside from the birds we have. He liked alot of them! The Toulousse Geese really sooo impressed me, my GOD what amazing animals...just so impressive and ...I called them the mastiffs of the bitd world...lmao! I am a mastiff person .

The number of birds was great, eatching the juniors handle so much fun too. It was a long day of driving for us, but worth the trip!
I have one of those little clay hens, too - so cute! I promised myself - and told the artist - that I was planning on buying a piece a year from her, so she'd better be there from now on! Got a great utensil holder this year. She has beautiful stuff. (BTW - I love Mastiff's, too, but have not been fortunate enough to have one as yet They're on my list, though - the bigger the better.)

Got BB and RB for my seramas, sold every bird I brought but one roo, and bought an absolutely gorgeous black OEGB trio from the same gentlemen who won the old english bantam class! Overall, a very good day! We'll be back tomorrow morning for the awards and to collect our birds!
Saw those Seramas! Had to fight the urge to tuck one in my shirt as I left! Beautiful! Congratulations!

Quote:
Congrats. I am SERIOUSLY in love with Favs now, and will have to wait for my working girl population decreases a little before I get some. They have all the bling...beards, muffs. puffs, color, pretty faces. I WANT SOME!!!!!
Well, luckily you live near one of the Fav hot spots in the country, but you should contact someone BEFORE next year to arrange for some birds, because there are precious few to be had, even amongst those of us who are already in the club. I agree, they do have all the bling - especially the males. Thank you!

Good show alot of beautiful birds but was alittle disappointed with not that many chicks and the ones that were there were over priced,oh well maybe more next year.
There would have been very few chicks at this show in any event, because of the time of the year. Most of the chicks will be at shows starting in March. Our show in NJ in May has tons of them. Check PoultryShowCentral.com to find a show near you at that time.

I'm interested in 100% pure English LF black and white Orpingtons or bantam chocolate Orpingtons.
My husband and I will be there hopefully picking up a few birds.

I have a few peeps interested in BLR Wyandottes.
If you have chicks or birds available, please post here.
Thanks!

I will be bringing Silkie chicks, mostly Blue and Splash.

Good for you, Roberta!

I have officially lost my mind - I have 14 LF and 1 bantam on my entry list. It's only that short because the others are still molting. Where the heck am I going to put all of these wet birds in this weather?!

Who's up for a bird-bathing party?

Just noticed I can't spell... I wonder If I can change the title?
Let's see if I can screw this one up, too!

OOH it worked! yay.
I have 10 birds entered. Luckily half are bantams.

And I have a surprise for the auction table.
So cool my husband told me to find another, that he was keeping it.
Now I have to drive to another store, they transferred them in for me.

Last edited:
Just noticed I can't spell... I wonder If I can change the title?
Let's see if I can screw this one up, too!

OOH it worked! yay.
I have 10 birds entered. Luckily half are bantams.

And I have a surprise for the auction table.
So cool my husband told me to find another, that he was keeping it.
Now I have to drive to another store, they transferred them in for me.

Roberta, do you know which hotel the Southern Dutchess folks are using? Tina

Back
Top Bottom