Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

I am brand new to silkies (have 3 growing in my incubator), due to hatch on the 19th! I am going to the show and will stop by to say hi! Heidi

Sue, I have extra chick boxes, as long as they fit in my clown car...
Mary, something happened to my brain, and I asked BYC for more handouts like last year.
If you could fit the extra table, that would be great.
But this year will be a little more low key. I hope!
I have 4 chairs, again... space is at a premium.
If anyone would like to bring a few extra chairs, we can have a little BYC table to stop and chat

I also will be bringing boxes of those hand and toe warmers to sell.
I think $1 a set is fair, no?
If I bring them, it will be warm!

Woman, you need a truck.

welcome-byc.gif
Heidi. This is an ASBC meet, so there will be a lot of Silkies!

Yes, a truck would be nice. Too bad I already own a Ford Ranger, but husband won't let me take it on long trips because it's got a ton of miles on it.
There was talk of me taking his Manly-van (Dodge Caravan) but he doesn't want it smelling like poopie when he gets it back.
Besides, it limits my brain to keep things to a minimum. HAH!

Still wondering if I need my snow tires. I had probably put them on anyways.

Are there usually a lot of silkie chicks for sale? I've found someone who will have blue available, but the kids would like some other colors as well (partridge, grey).

I haven't heard of any, but that doesn't mean there won't be.
The sales area was mobbed last year.
I'm sure you'll find some if you get there early.

:welcome  Heidi. This is an ASBC meet, so there will be a lot of Silkies!

Yes, a truck would be nice. Too bad I already own a Ford Ranger, but husband won't let me take it on long trips because it's got a ton of miles on it.
There was talk of me taking his Manly-van (Dodge Caravan) but he doesn't want it smelling like poopie when he gets it back.
Besides, it limits my brain to keep things to a minimum. HAH!

Still wondering if I need my snow tires. I had probably put them on anyways.

I definitely recommend snow tires if you have them.

I haven't heard of any, but that doesn't mean there won't be.
The sales area was mobbed last year.
I'm sure you'll find some if you get there early.
Hopefully we can get there early. I'm always up at 4 am, and the kids tend to be early risers, but we have to get the in-laws in gear! Then we're also 3 hours away.

The doors open at 8.
But, that doesn't mean that the best Partridge Silkie will be there for sale then.
Coop in is at 9, that means the showbirds must be in the cages by 9.
Somebody may be putting the sales birds in before the show birds, while another exhibitor will do the opposite.
And the sale birds don't HAVE to be there any certain time, Someone may coop in the night before, and have a nice brunch, and then bring the sales birds in.
It's a gamble, just like any good sale.

I have a friend that bought a Polish pullet last year, the bird was there just for Jr. showmanship, and after awards on Sunday, the bird went up for sale.
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom