Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

He is the low man on the totem pole, a bit of a wimp actually
roll.png
come and see him, he may be the only SL bearded cockerel there.
Our old man is sort of a wimp also....or maybe it's his age showing. lol He's at least 8 or 9. He used to live with our "Golden Girls"; a bunch of 'mutts', mostly buff colored. Then we added some RIR's and some sort of White Maran mixes in there. I'm guessing it was the RIR's that started picking on the poor man which is why Mad Hatter was moved in with our Polish girls when we lost our white crested black rooster. He's a happier guy now.

I will be sure to find your SL cockerel at the show.
big_smile.png

I was reading on the NEPC website that there are meets for Silkies and Cochin International + others. I'd be interested in the Silkies and Cochins.
What exactly goes on during a meet and is anyone welcome? Will there be information at the show for what time the meets will happen? I'd love to go and listen.

It's more of like a special show within the show. Sometimes they have better ribbons, or prizes for members.
You probably wouldn't even notice anything different.

It's more of like a special show within the show. Sometimes they have better ribbons, or prizes for members.
You probably wouldn't even notice anything different.
Ah. And I thought it would be something where the Silkie people gather up and meet...hence the name. lol
hide.gif

Thanks!

I know a guy who's going to this show who's showing his birds and selling chicks/younger chickens. He mainly has silkies, he has white, splash, few partridge. I been to his house a few times and I seen them there're very nice and good quality. Pm me if your interested and I'll talk to him to let him talk to you. He lives like 3 mins from me.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was asked in earlier comments but it is always so difficult to find poultry shows. How do you find out about them? Is there a listing some where? I never found out until it is to late :(. I live in Northern VA and am always looking for something on the east coast. I wish it was easy to find like it is for dogs shows...

I was just reading Poultry Mag the other day and read about a new site - www.poultryshowcentral.com that lists poultry shows. Haven't checked it out yet.

Yes, there will be chicks. It is a little tricky keeping them warm for two days. If you even consider it, bring little boxes (they can be had from the post office, shhh!) and heat packs. Those pocket hand warmers work well.
Remember, the post office ships chicks all the time. They are very resilient, as long as they are kept warm. Don't forget food, and a little dish for water. But small enough so if they get bounced around, they can't get into it and drown.

Somewhere she has it listed, but this thread is getting too big!
Black Copper Marans, (she is a member of the MCCA, and has some of the best birds out there. Her eggs are some of the darkest in the country.)
Coronation Sussex (I got some last year. BEAUTIFUL birds!) , and Silkies, a few different colors.

I will be bringing pet quality Silkies in blue and splash, about 2 months old.

Who is selling these BCMs?

My husband and I are looking forward to attending. We will not be showing, just coming to look and check things out. We are still kinda new to chickens; our 4 hens were hatched last April (Buff Orpingtons) It would be great to be able to meet people from this site there.

Back
Top Bottom