Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

My husband and I are looking forward to attending. We will not be showing, just coming to look and check things out. We are still kinda new to chickens; our 4 hens were hatched last April (Buff Orpingtons) It would be great to be able to meet people from this site there.
Fuzzy, you are in luck, there are a number of Orp breeders from CT that will be here showing their birds.
I'll try to introduce you to them as long as it's not too crazy.

Quote: I am. They are $10 each, I have some clean legged chicks for $8 each. Easy to get leg feathering, breed them to a bird with feathered legs...I hope I can fit all the chicks I want to bring in the car! Lots of boxes...I'm making lists of who wants what. I woudl suggest anyone who is comming for chicks, get there early saturday am...The picture is of eggs from the last few days from blue coppers. Obviously not all my Marans lay eggs that dark, but I don't set eggs that are lighter than a 5.5. The eggs in the photo are 6+, maybe pushing 7.

Last edited:
I am. They are $10 each, I have some clean legged chicks for $8 each. Easy to get leg feathering, breed them to a bird with feathered legs...I hope I can fit all the chicks I want to bring in the car!  Lots of boxes...I'm making lists of who wants what. I woudl suggest anyone who is comming for chicks, get there early saturday am...The picture is of eggs from the last few days from blue coppers. Obviously not all my Marans lay eggs that dark, but I don't set eggs that are lighter than a 5.5. The eggs in the photo are  6+, maybe pushing 7.

How old are the BCM chicks? Any pullets for sale? I don't care about leg feathering, not going to breed/show, I just would love to have a bird that lays beautiful eggs like in your pic. :)

I'm might go to the show just to look around and maybe buy a couple chicks. I never been to a huge show like this so it should be fun. Anyone know how much it is to get in if your just looking?

Is anyone interested in a 6 month old Silverlaced Sebright pair? $25
I also have a Trio of white Seramas, they are 9 months old, $40
I can bring them if anyone is interested!
Thankyou Jen

Is anyone interested in a 6 month old Silverlaced Sebright pair? $25
I also have a Trio of white Seramas, they are 9 months old, $40
I can bring them if anyone is interested!
Thankyou Jen
Possible to see pictures of the Sebright pair?
Would Sebrights get along with either Silkies or Cochin bantams? I know very little about this breed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom