Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

Quote: They are all straight run. Not old enough to sex for sure, might be a couple that I can guess on sex, but can't guarantee.
I have sold most of the clean legged chicks. I have 2 more hatches to go before I come to the show. So all will be sold straight run, no sexing.
idunno.gif

Hi all,

I was originally going to resist buying anything or hatching anything for a while. However, a hawk ate two of my silkie hens today. So I need something to cheer me up. I did manage to catch the hawk. I turned her into Fish and Game which makes me wonder if I am just going to see her again soon. He said he was going to take her ten miles away and turn her loose. I asked if he would take her a little further.

Anyway... I am looking for paint or BBS silkie hatching eggs that I can pick up at the show. I also would like leghorn (any variety) hatching eggs. Does anyone have these available?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I was originally going to resist buying anything or hatching anything for a while. However, a hawk ate two of my silkie hens today. So I need something to cheer me up. I did manage to catch the hawk. I turned her into Fish and Game which makes me wonder if I am just going to see her again soon. He said he was going to take her ten miles away and turn her loose. I asked if he would take her a little further.

Anyway... I am looking for paint or BBS silkie hatching eggs that I can pick up at the show. I also would like leghorn (any variety) hatching eggs. Does anyone have these available?

Thanks!!
I don't know if anyone will have eggs available but sounds like there are going to be lots of chicks available, especially silkies.
big_smile.png

Hi all,

Thanks!!

I don't know if anyone will have eggs available but sounds like there are going to be lots of chicks available, especially silkies.
big_smile.png

Yeah I have a few friends who breed beautiful BBS silkies who will be selling chicks.

big_smile.png
Sanna did my friend call you? I gave him your number..

I'm going to this show but I'll need to take a train to Springfield cause my car is a **** box and wont make it up there.. Is the train station far from the Big E? I'll need to take a taxi from train station to Big E so it better not be far..

Last edited:
Sanna did my friend call you? I gave him your number..

I'm going to this show but I'll need to take a train to Springfield cause my car is a **** box and wont make it up there.. Is the train station far from the Big E? I'll need to take a taxi from train station to Big E so it better not be far..
No, didn't get a call. Do you have any idea what quality birds they are? Does your friend show them?

I mapquested the distance from the train station (66 Lyman st) to the fairgrounds, it's a 4 minute distance. Not far at all.
big_smile.png

No, didn't get a call. Do you have any idea what quality birds they are? Does your friend show them?

I mapquested the distance from the train station (66 Lyman st) to the fairgrounds, it's a 4 minute distance. Not far at all.
big_smile.png
They come from a few good lines I don't know on the top of my head. His wife did very good at the Guilford Fair back in September, and she entered this show and she's bring like 8 birds to show. I seen them in person they look great to me but like I said I don't know anything about silkes, sorry. But both of them believe in preserving silkes.

Edit: If he doesn't call in a couple days I can give you his number.

Last edited:
They come from a few good lines I don't know on the top of my head. His wife did very good at the Guilford Fair back in September, and she entered this show and she's bring like 8 birds to show. I seen them in person they look great to me but like I said I don't know anything about silkes, sorry. But both of them believe in preserving silkes.

Edit: If he doesn't call in a couple days I can give you his number.
That'd be great, thanks.

Hi all,

I did manage to catch the hawk. I turned her into Fish and Game which makes me wonder if I am just going to see her again soon. He said he was going to take her ten miles away and turn her loose. I asked if he would take her a little further.

Sorry about your birds - I lost one of my favorite girls to a hawk a few weeks back. I wanted to warn you, a friend of mine caught a hawk some years ago and drove it over four hours away. It was back within the month. So, be prepared.

BTW - how did you manage to catch it?

Back
Top Bottom