Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

I can bring a buff Silkie hen, shes 1.5 years old, and I've never gotten a fertile egg out of her. I would say, although she is a very good example of a Silkie, that she would make a great 4H project as long as they don't expect eggs....

I also have a nice white 1 year old Silkie rooster. I don't know if he isn't fertile or he was just not old enough when I had him in with the pullets, but I didn't get any fertile eggs from the pullets he was with. Also, maybe a 4H project.

I will bring then for free if anyone lets me know they want them.
Sue,
I think that Erica may be interested in your buff for her daughter. I suggested that she send you a PM.
Tina

A breeder Quality may have a slight flaw that can be seen thru the judges eyes. It may have an off colored feather, it could have an injury (my avatar got stuck in the compost bin, and is now blind in one eye)
In some breeds, we try to even out feather legged birds, by using overly feathered to no feathered legs.

Silkies, silkies, silkies! Doesn't anyone have LF anymore? Will I have the only big birds there?
wink.png

I can bring a buff Silkie hen, shes 1.5 years old, and I've never gotten a fertile egg out of her. I would say, although she is a very good example of a Silkie, that she would make a great 4H project as long as they don't expect eggs....

I also have a nice white 1 year old Silkie rooster. I don't know if he isn't fertile or he was just not old enough when I had him in with the pullets, but I didn't get any fertile eggs from the pullets he was with. Also, maybe a 4H project.

I will bring then for free if anyone lets me know they want them.

I tried to PM you but I reached my daily limit. Please contact me via @ [email protected].

Thanks,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom