Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

I seem to remember the tracks going right by the Big E... but don't know where the station would be.
I have a few places I need to locate... let's see if I can find out for you.

I am SO excited...my hubby and I are coming to the show to look around and we are bringing a cat carrier!!! :)
We have never been to a chicken show, and we have only been in chickens for one year. I have a mixed flock of hens, no roos allowed where I live.

I have a question..of the purebred chickens , are there any that are somewhat easier to sex than others, in the chick stage? We might buy some chicks/ young birds this weekend..wondering if there are certain breeds that are a bit easier to tell than others. I know that you can not be certain.

One type we would love to get would be the dark chocolate egg laying Maran.... and the bluest blue Auracana...looking for variety in our eggbasket!

I also would love a Frizzle!!!! Anyone have any chicks that werent supposed to be frizzled, but came out frizzley?

Last edited:
I will, indeed, have a 6 month FRIZZLE Rooster available. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can bring him up for a Parking Lot sale. LOL Otherwise, I will not be bringing him. (Don't think my brother-in-law would be thrilled with a rooster in his apartment! HAH!)

I get to come!!!  YAY!!!  I asked hubby and he said yes!  WHOOP!!  We are in the market for a Serama chick...anyone have one for sale??  I *could* have a frizzle polish roo (6 months) if someone is looking for one....but I am not bringing him if there isn't a guaranteed buyer since I have a home for him that he could be mailed to tomorrow....
LET ME KNOW *ASAP*!!!

I noticed that you are looking for just one chick. At the moment, we are fostering a single serama chick for a fellow BYC member with one of our silkie hens. These chicks are so tiny and need to be with other babies or under a broody hen. I'm sure you already have a plan, but just thought i might mention our little foster baby situation.

oops, mapquest didn't work, but the train station is about 1 mile from the Big E
Not too sure about the sanity of the cab driver picking up a guy with Naked neck chickens under each arm!

Last edited:
I am SO excited...my hubby and I are coming to the show to look around and we are bringing a cat carrier!!!
smile.png

We have never been to a chicken show, and we have only been in chickens for one year. I have a mixed flock of hens, no roos allowed where I live.

I have a question..of the purebred chickens , are there any that are somewhat easier to sex than others, in the chick stage? We might buy some chicks/ young birds this weekend..wondering if there are certain breeds that are a bit easier to tell than others. I know that you can not be certain.

One type we would love to get would be the dark chocolate egg laying Maran.... and the bluest blue Auracana...looking for variety in our eggbasket!
I love the dark egg layers too. I"m not hatching quite yet but I'm looking forward to more dark egg layers and blue layers because as you said " variety in our egg basket" is so very pretty!

Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom