Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

Hello, I am new to the board, but have been raising chickens for a hobby for about 10 years.

I will be attending the show, hard not to when it is pretty much in my backyard.

Does anyone have any bantam hens they are selling? I am willing to take almost any breed, but my favorites are the more "fancy" ones. Currently I have silkies, frizzles, millies and chochin. Unfortunatly, most are roosters, and I need some more hens to make them happy!

Thanks in advance!

Kim

For those of you who are taking a bus/train into Springfield, the Big E is in West Springfield. I would NOT walk from one to the other. You need to go over the river to get to W.Spfld. It is my understanding that cabs like to charge more when the go over the river. I do not know this personally but have heard. I am pretty sure there is a bus that drops off in front of the Big E.

In past years if you say you are going to the Poultry Show you did not have to pay for parking, However, they will not ASK if you are, They will take the money anyway they can get it!

Quote: Roberta, is there anyone you DON'T KNOW!
lau.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

As for the Marans Egg table, untless I sell all my chicks Saturday morning, you won't see me for a while. I'll be stuck in the sales room.
hmm.png

your marans eggs are beautiful, i'd love to have soe infertile ones to carve on.

Roberta, is there anyone you DON'T KNOW!
lau.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

As for the Marans Egg table, untless I sell all my chicks Saturday morning, you won't see me for a while. I'll be stuck in the sales room.
hmm.png

I am so jealous you are going, wish I could.
Im not going! Just still trying SOOOOOO VERY HARD to find a couple of pullets and arrange transport back here for them. For some reason when I told my husband I thought we should put some money aside to go to a giant bird show where there will be unknown numbers of birds available to purchase and bring home, he thought that was a bad idea
lau.gif

I told him thats fine, I know where to find monthly bird fancier meetings!

lau.gif
do you want to put in an order for pullets? I can ask if someone is willing to locate some for you and oh yea, you aren't going, you are meeting with me this weekend, duh.

Im not going! Just still trying SOOOOOO VERY HARD to find a couple of pullets and arrange transport back here for them. For some reason when I told my husband I thought we should put some money aside to go to a giant bird show where there will be unknown numbers of birds available to purchase and bring home, he thought that was a bad idea
lau.gif

I told him thats fine, I know where to find monthly bird fancier meetings!

your marans eggs are beautiful, i'd love to have soe infertile ones to carve on.
Beautiful carving!
Im not going! Just still trying SOOOOOO VERY HARD to find a couple of pullets and arrange transport back here for them. For some reason when I told my husband I thought we should put some money aside to go to a giant bird show where there will be unknown numbers of birds available to purchase and bring home, he thought that was a bad idea:lau I told him thats fine, I know where to find monthly bird fancier meetings!
You may try Beth Gaetano at Gaetano Family Farm. She used to have gorgeous Cochins

Back
Top Bottom