Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

Anyone planning on bringing an incubator to sell? How much might i expect to pay, if I buy one from a vendor? Have never hatched them myself.

I think that Brinsea has a sale right now. I have heard good things about the Mini, Mini advance amd Octagon 20 Eco. We bought the Octagon 20 Advance Ex on sale. The temp and humidity has been spot on. So far, am very happy with our choice.

old.gif

No one has mentioned black or white English Orpingtons.
I figured someone was gonna have some BIG English puffballs for sale.
I would have had two trios of LF BLacks if I could have made it. I keep saying every year I was going to go to this show but always something keeps me from doing so. I hope everyone has a good time and enjoy the New England hospitality.

Thanks for all the restaurant ideas, people! We're sure to pick someplace good now!

Littlecritters, by late afternoon at the Sussex show, either the birds or the wind had taken down most of the signs - they're all there in the morning. (They have to be, or no one would know where to put their birds.) Either try and ask the breeder beforehand what they'll be wearing, or what other breeds of birds they will have. Other than that, you're just going to have to ask around until you find them.

Buyers - as with any show, there are rarely any sure answers regarding exactly what birds will be available, how much they will be, what quality they are, what age they are, and where the seller will be located. The only person who knows anything about the birds will be their breeder, and even they don't know their selling location until they arrive at the show. The show organizers only know that a space has been sold - not what's going to be sold in that space. The only way to be sure you go home with what you want is to make arrangements with the seller beforehand, and have them hold the birds for you. Other than that, you're going to have to take your chances with everyone else, but that's part of the thrill.

Happy hunting, and good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the restaurant ideas, people! We're sure to pick someplace good now!

Littlecritters, by late afternoon at the Sussex show, either the birds or the wind had taken down most of the signs - they're all there in the morning. (They have to be, or no one would know where to put their birds.) Either try and ask the breeder beforehand what they'll be wearing, or what other breeds of birds they will have. Other than that, you're just going to have to ask around until you find them.

Buyers - as with any show, there are rarely any sure answers regarding exactly what birds will be available, how much they will be, what quality they are, what age they are, and where the seller will be located. The only person who knows anything about the birds will be their breeder, and even they don't know their selling location until they arrive at the show. The show organizers only know that a space has been sold - not what's going to be sold in that space. The only way to be sure you go home with what you want is to make arrangements with the seller beforehand, and have them hold the birds for you. Other than that, you're going to have to take your chances with everyone else, but that's part of the thrill.

Happy hunting, and good luck!
I bet I'm not the only buyer chomping at the bit and waiting for this show one foot out the door!
lau.gif

In the past, there was a separate area for the birds that were sold.

I would put the chicken in a box. I don't know PVTA animal policy.

I have another dumb question....how will we know where everyone will have their sale cages? Will each breeder have a sign? When I went to the Sussex, NJ show (late Sat. Aftn) there was no way to tell who owned the birds in the cages, except for Vera's...

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to locate breeders at the sale area...
All the sales booths are in one big room, away from the show cages. Last year I was alonng the wall down far as you walk in on the left side, don't know about this year. I'll have a sign hanging on my table.

This is a reminder, if you are not an exhibitor, you aren't supposed to be selling birds. Last year they had people sitting in front of the door & were checking NPIP papers & names off the exhibitor lists. What you do in the parking lot is your business, just so everyone knows.

Back
Top Bottom