Norwegian Jaerhon

Pics
I still have 2 of their Jaer hens. They're almost 3 1/2 years old, nice layers and like Jason said, great for heat and cold. I think I received 6 or so in the order. I sold a trio to a friend. There was even a Jaer frizzle in there but the neighbors dogs killed it along with 8 others in that flock.

Finally there is a breed page for the Jaers! Maybe we should all go write positive reviews now.
cool.png

Norwegian Jaerhon Breed page

I got my First Jaerhon chick!
But I do not know if it is a boy of a girl.
Thoughts....?
And I think I got a JaerhonXHamburg...?
The grey on in the middle of the pic, clearly missing the Jaer chick. (top)

Looks girly to me. Do you have the Light or Dark variety? That chick looks a little lighter than the ones i hatch, but that could be the lighting. Congrats!

I got my First Jaerhon chick!
But I do not know if it is a boy of a girl.
Thoughts....?
And I think I got a JaerhonXHamburg...?
The grey on in the middle of the pic, clearly missing the Jaer chick. (top)

This is definitely a female chick of the light variety. She has a light spot on the head which might through you off, however the males have larger spots. Also the chipmunk stripes on the back are well defined which indicates a female. The males are much lighter with no defined stripes. What a nice picture or a very cute chick. Congradulations it's a girl!
ya.gif

Does anyone have an extra Jaerhon roo to spare? I *had* a quad of these beauties (dark, I believe) and my own dog killed my rooster when the rooster escaped the coop during cleaning one day. He high-tailed it for the woods and I couldn't catch him to put him back in safety and late that night he tried to roost beside my dog. Very sad. That was several weeks ago and I have absolutely fallen in love with the girls I still have. I can handle them, they are quiet chatty, and just beautiful to look at. I hate eating their eggs but the window of fertility is long gone. I have ordered a couple of cockerel chicks, but don't want to wait for 6-7 months for him to grow up and have eggs to hatch. :( Someone please help!

Last edited:
Does anyone have an extra Jaerhon roo to spare? I *had* a quad of these beauties (dark, I believe) and my own dog killed my rooster when the rooster escaped the coop during cleaning one day. He high-tailed it for the woods and I couldn't catch him to put him back in safety and late that night he tried to roost beside my dog. Very sad. That was several weeks ago and I have absolutely fallen in love with the girls I still have. I can handle them, they are quiet chatty, and just beautiful to look at. I hate eating their eggs but the window of fertility is long gone. I have ordered a couple of cockerel chicks, but don't want to wait for 6-7 months for him to grow up and have eggs to hatch. :( Someone please help!
Hi, I don't have an extra Jaer-roo, but I have one - I think he's pretty nice. I don't know if it would be worth it to you, but it looks lilke we're about 2 hours from you in Weaverville NC, and if you wanted to bring your pullets/hens by for a few days, we could coop them up.

Back
Top Bottom