Norwegian Jaerhon

I just don't have another pen yet I'm hoping to move to a place more rural to become a lil larger scale and then I would be able, I'm going to try to take some pictures today, they range between 5 and 8 weeks old. On other breeds I've raised I've always been able to tell by the comb and waddle development, but what's throwing me off is the ones who have the larger combs as well their feather pattern and color look very similar to pictures I've seen of dark jaerhon hens.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm having problems saving and posting uploaded pics. Sometimes they will post, sometimes not. Tags are correctly positioned. I sent a PM to an admin and they advised me to post a thread asking for help because there are others apparently having or have had this problem. That way everyone will know how to fix it. If you or anyone else on this thread can help, here's the link to the thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=574125
I really want to show you my chicks
love.gif

Amyable, Four of the eggs are still going.
big_smile.png

discoveregg, you have plenty of roosters there. I can definitely tell mine are hens now from looking at your pictures.

This is a picture of my lone hatchling brooded by a white cochin hen. I was bummed because I thought I had a roo-"it " hatched 8/13. But now think it may be a hen. Big comb-tiny bird-looks like a miniature adult. But "it" is uniformly lightly beige barred. No sickle feathers. So here is hoping. I will try to get a picture.
62148_norwegian_jaerhon_chick.jpg

Back
Top Bottom