Nosy neighbors

I am currently birdless due to my neighbors, and my family doesn't want me to have them and cause trouble because of it. But I hadn't been out of the house until this morning since Sunday afternoon, and guess what the neighbors who own on the other side of my next door neighbor is building a pen of some sort, from what they have done so far I know it will be either rabbits or chickens, I am praying they will have a dozen roo's and tell the other neighbor what for so I can get some hens and DP roos to raise out for meat. This neighbor who is anti-farm animal is under a HOA that forbids farm animals but me and the new neighbor's property is not in it lucky us....

Just a comment on a fence. One of the nicest ones I have ever seen was made of livestock panel that the people used as a trellis for climbing roses. It was beautiful and blocked the view. The only drawback was that it took a while for the roses to get established.
that is a great idea. I think I want climbing roses now.

It is unbelievable how nosy people can be. Looking over a fence is one thing, but spying on people in their own homes is just perverted and I would tell them so. This is a gross invasion of privacy! The law is there to protect people from this anti-social behaviour, and I would put in a complaint. Have you thought of putting razor wire along the top of the fence. My daughter lives on an Air Force base and her garden is fenced and topped with razor wire. No one peers in on her.

I wonder if the neighbor's friend knows how commercial chickens are raised?
X2. You can't even see the floor they pack so many chickens in. People call about everything. I am trying honeysuckle vines on our fence this year. We have 2 acres though, so going to need a lot of vines lol.

X2. You can't even see the floor they pack so many chickens in. People call about everything. I am trying honeysuckle vines on our fence this year. We have 2 acres though, so going to need a lot of vines lol.
You could use the roses the English use for fences. They are inpenetrable and have vicious thorns.

Her one set of neighbors ( a couple in their golden years) actually took shifts watching the neighbors. They were armed with binoculars,and telescopes, etc.
IANAL, but that sort of invasion of privacy has to be a violation of peeping tom laws- your mother needs to report them to the police. In cases like that it is important to start establishing a track record of police reports.

I love the fences like Cassie posted bout that are essentially living fences. Roses, grapes, blackberries, etc all make for beautiful fences that also keep your privacy.

Back
Top Bottom