Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics
I have a 5 week old BR I'm wondering about. his comb is the same color but a little taller than my other birds his age. also the rest are fully feathered while he still has bare patches. any comments are appreciated. thanks!

4 new "pullets" i purchased to replace 4 pullets that turned out to be cockerels in my first batch for this year. What do you think? All pullets or cockerels? hoping for hens!~

I have a 5 week old BR I'm wondering about. his comb is the same color but a little taller than my other birds his age. also the rest are fully feathered while he still has bare patches. any comments are appreciated. thanks!
For now, I say pullet :)
4 new "pullets" i purchased to replace 4 pullets that turned out to be cockerels in my first batch for this year. What do you think? All pullets or cockerels? hoping for hens!~
umm.. how old? I think you have all cockerels :/
Here's my 7 week old back and white Ameracauna/Easter Egger...I'm thinking boy but hoping girl! Is there any hope???
sorry, I think that's a cockerel
Is top left a Roo?
I believe your guess is correct.

thank you. i was afraid of that myself. 8 out of 16 new chicks this year out of the "pullet container" have turned out to be cockerels. not very happy with rural king to say the least..... oh yeah, almost 8 weeks old

Last edited:
i dont know. i would guess all of their sales are final and they wont be of any help to me at all. we are going to keep one of the easter egger cockerels. we think he is really pretty. and so far he seems to be the most gentle with the other hens. we ll see!

I bought what Tactor Supply said were Black Sexlink Pullets. They did not have the white spot on their heads to indicate cockerel. They are 12 weeks old. Two Are confirmed cockerels but two I am unsure about. I will post a pic of a cockerel and then what I hope are hens. Please tell me what you think of the two 'hens'. And if you can tell what breed they are that would be awesome too!

So what do you think??

I bought what Tactor Supply said were Black Sexlink Pullets. They did not have the white spot on their heads to indicate cockerel. They are 12 weeks old. Two Are confirmed cockerels but two I am unsure about. I will post a pic of a cockerel and then what I hope are hens. Please tell me what you think of the two 'hens'. And if you can tell what breed they are that would be awesome too!

So what do you think??
I actually have no clue....

Back
Top Bottom