Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics
Whoopsy. Been totally convinced that of my 6 large fowl Cochin's purchased from a breeder I only got one roo. Then suddenly "Millie" who has been the smallest and quietest of the bunch started looking a little boyish. Posting pics of Harley (who I'm sure is a roo), Millie (who is my chick in question) and Sophie (I'm sure is a pullet for comparison). Harley's comb/wattle is red. Millie's is definitely orange-same colour as the 4 girls...but much bigger.
Harley (barred cochin)

Millie (or Willie?)-blue cochin

Sophie-blue cochin

Harley and M/Willie in same shot

As far as attitude Harley is definitely the boss and has been from one week old when I got them. Millie feathered in very fast and had the biggest wings and tail when I got them...Harley was far behind all the rest and still has bald strips. Everybody is chest bumping but Millie backs down from all of the others. Thoughts? Do I have a Millie or a Willie?!

Whoopsy. Been totally convinced that of my 6 large fowl Cochin's purchased from a breeder I only got one roo. Then suddenly "Millie" who has been the smallest and quietest of the bunch started looking a little boyish. Posting pics of Harley (who I'm sure is a roo), Millie (who is my chick in question) and Sophie (I'm sure is a pullet for comparison). Harley's comb/wattle is red. Millie's is definitely orange-same colour as the 4 girls...but much bigger.
Harley (barred cochin)

Sophie-blue cochin

As far as attitude Harley is definitely the boss and has been from one week old when I got them. Millie feathered in very fast and had the biggest wings and tail when I got them...Harley was far behind all the rest and still has bald strips. Everybody is chest bumping but Millie backs down from all of the others. Thoughts? Do I have a Millie or a Willie?!

Forgot to include. They are 8 weeks old

Harley (barred cochin)

Sophie-blue cochin

Forgot to include. They are 8 weeks old
it could go either way. Time will tell for sure, but I'm leaning toward roo.

I'm not completely sure. I don't have any experience with the breed. I want to say pullet, but at the same time I want to say cockerel. I'm on the fence about this one.

Thanks for replying :) I'm really not sure either! He/she seemed quite feisty so I'm maybe leaning towards cockerel, but not really sure either way!

I'm not completely sure. I don't have any experience with the breed. I want to say pullet, but at the same time I want to say cockerel. I'm on the fence about this one.

Thanks for replying :) I'm really not sure either! He/she seemed quite feisty so I'm maybe leaning towards cockerel, but not really sure either way!
Time will tell for sure. :)

Back
Top Bottom