Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Ok, here's one for you. Meet Scraggles. She is supposed to be an Australorp., (But now I am guessing a black sexlink, but I really don't know???They came from a feed store, uhg.)She is the middle one in the last picture (about 1 week old) She started getting gold plumage, and I don't recall ever seeing a dot on her head. The other pictures are of her now at 4.5 weeks. She has thick black legs with a little yellow, and her comb is pinkish. I don't see any waddles yet. She has never had any tail feathers. She is definitely the leader of all six of my mixed flock.
She is a pullet :)

Do you think these are roosters? Both are 4 weeks old. One is a SLW and the other is an EE.

Above is the EE and below is the SLW...

Thank you so much for your help! I'm a newbie so I don't know. Thank you for creating this thread and for helping us newbies! :)

I bought 10 baby chicks from Tractor Supply about 5 weeks ago, only 2 were pullets. The rest were straight run, so I'm dying to know what I've got!!!! The RIR and ISA Brown were the pullets. They had a bin labeled BSL and I got one from there but after doing some research I'm not so sure that's what it is. Kind of looks like a Barred Rock to me but I'm a newbie so who knows?? Any insight will be most appreciated!!!

These are my 5 and a half week old Partridge Wyandottes:

Dazzle

Pip (cockerel?)​

Last edited:

This is Sweet Pea, a 6 week old blue Orpington. I had no doubts that she was a little girl until today I noticed her comb had gotten so much bigger! Please tell me she's still a girl

This is Sweet Pea, a 6 week old blue Orpington. I had no doubts that she was a girl until I saw how much her comb had grown in the last couple days! Please tell me she's still a girl

Back
Top Bottom