Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Pics
5 actually looks like a girl to me. 6 Im not really sure maybe pullet. i think 7 might be a girl also. And 8 I would say girl to it to. looks like all girls to my but i'm no expert
p.s sorry i posted twice the other time,my computer was acting funny.
My experience with the Marans breed is that the pullets feather out faster...so by 2 weeks, the ones without tail feathers and lots of down still - I would lean towards roos. Also, the boys in this breed rapidly develop their comb. Pronounced comb is going to mean roo. Best of luck with your littles! :)

Hello Chicken Experts!!

I was hoping someone can take a look at the following pictures of my two Wheaton Ameraucana chicks. We picked them up the day they hatched, March 29th. They are about 4 1/2 weeks now. Tenley was much larger than the others when we picked them up and had a large amount of wing and tail feathering already. We think she may be a few days or a week older than the rest. These two are supposed to be pure Wheaton Ameraucana female chicks. I was surprised at how dark their feathers are. I am hoping someone can confirm if these are indeed pullets or if I have a rooster? Tenley seems to be a bit of a bully in the coop these days and her comb is getting pink, but I do think she may be older too. Thank-you in advance for your replies. ( lots of pics)

TENLEY:

NUGGET:

These last pics are when they were younger:

ABOVE: March 29th Hatch Day! You can see Tenley is taller and bigger and has wing and tail feathers already - thinking she may be older.

Above: you can see Tenley lying with the Barred Rock chick and Nugget is lying just above them you can see the spots on her head.

Above: Nugget (on the left) and Tenley - approx. 2 1/2 weeks old

Outside - Tenley on left

Sorry for so many pictures. Thank-you for your help.
I'm leaning towards tenley being a roo - and nugget a pullet. Tenley's comb has 3 rows and is pinker. Nugget has one row, is narrower and isn't as pink..

Ok got some better photos
#1 This is "Raven"

#2 This is "Rogue"

#3 This is "big mamma" (but I am thinking Mr.Roo might be a better name ?!)
1f602.png

#3 and #4 look like roos to me - all the others look like pullets.

I'm thinking a cockerel due to the amount of comb - but it's early days yet...if that comb starts getting pink - then it's a roo, imo.

What color would it be if it did not turn pink? In other words what color would it be if it was a hen? Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it.

For some reason it says I'm not authorized to create an attachment (post pictures). I would like to email some pictures to someone to get help sexing four birds.

Thanks, Charlie

Back
Top Bottom