Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

My chicks are seven weeks old. The black on is presently "Belle," a Blue Andalusian. I've been suspicious of "her" developing comb and now wattles for a few weeks. What do you think? Needing a more masculine name?

The White Splash Cochin is my bonus bird, so naturally, I assumed Cockerel, and named "him" Nigel--tall and stately, self-possessed, but somewhat a loner, though getting along fine with everybody. However, no comb and definitely no wattle development.

Do we need a name exchange?

Quote:
My chicks are seven weeks old. The black on is presently "Belle," a Blue Andalusian. I've been suspicious of "her" developing comb and now wattles for a few weeks. What do you think? Needing a more masculine name?

The White Splash Cochin is my bonus bird, so naturally, I assumed Cockerel, and named "him" Nigel--tall and stately, self-possessed, but somewhat a loner, though getting along fine with everybody. However, no comb and definitely no wattle development.

Do we need a name exchange?

Could you get some pictures of Nigel without wire in the way? Kind of hard to see. A full body shot from the side would be good.

Belle is a cockerel, and also not Blue Andalusian. Not sure what he is though. A better picture would be good for him too.

Quote:

Could you get some pictures of Nigel without wire in the way? Kind of hard to see. A full body shot from the side would be good.

Belle is a cockerel, and also not Blue Andalusian. Not sure what he is though. A better picture would be good for him too.
Actually, Belle is an Andalusian. With Blue varieties, there is always a chance of getting either Black or Splash. Agree that it's a cockerel.

Thank you for the confirmation. I'll try for some better shots, especially of "Nigel." They are both fine birds, and I don't care what sex they are, I just want them to be happy and well-adjusted, lol. A big, black Rooster will be welcome and maybe pretty spectacular.

[/IMG]this is my olive egger that is 14 weeks old. Daddy ic bc maran and momma is ee. Any help with sexing is greatly appreciated. I've been following your thread for a while and you seem to be very knowledgeable and help a lot of people out. Thanks again!

Sorry, in the previous post I neglected to remind that this is Nigel at 7 weeks, originally supposed to be male simply because it was my bonus chick. Now, I'm thinking pink.

Back
Top Bottom