Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Here's a photo today, still pink!!!
You can see next to the other two it definitely is more defined. And I also put a picture of the three of them together as a body view and the chicken in question is in the middle,you can see the other two have more of a long pointed back end
Pic didn't post. I am hoping this breed has fast developing pullets rather than late blooming cockerels. Seems that's our choice. The only other Lorp I had looked like your other pullets... gave me nothing to worry about.

Here's my almost 8 week old black copper Maran. It's supposed to be a hen, but I'm pretty convinced that it's a roo. :( Do I have any hope of those beautiful brown eggs?
IMG_20170520_162731.jpg
IMG_20170520_162712.jpg

@Ketaped
Yeah, it probably is a cockerel, but you are welcome to wait in the Almost 8 Weeks club with ReillyB and me. We are going to cling to our denial for at least one more week. :D

Last edited:
Lt. Brahma around 15 weeks. When younger everyone said pullet. Hoping y'all still think so as I can't keep roosters and we are attached now. View attachment 554061 View attachment 554062 View attachment 554063 View attachment 554064 View attachment 554065 View attachment 554066
Think I am seeing male saddle feathers hanging down on either side of the tail, but I cannot enlarge the picture large enough to be sure. If those black and white feathers are thin and sharply pointed, the it's a cockerel.

Not rooster red. Too young to be certain that it's a pullet.
The black one we were very unsure of because of her long tail, but we discovered the pullets get long tails quicker and the cockerels have a stub for a while. They are a little slow when developing feathers. However sometimes it depends on the breed

Attachments

• IMG_2381.JPG
    IMG_2381.JPG
    824 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Think I am seeing male saddle feathers hanging down on either side of the tail, but I cannot enlarge the picture large enough to be sure. If those black and white feathers are thin and sharply pointed, the it's a cockerel.
They are narrower than the ones before and after but they aren't pointed. The black makes them look pointy but the white around them isn't. Has me baffled. I'm going to go take another look myself. I'll let ya know and post closer pic if unsure. I can hold him/her and really check.

They are narrower than the ones before and after but they aren't pointed. The black makes them look pointy but the white around them isn't. Has me baffled. I'm going to go take another look myself. I'll let ya know and post closer pic if unsure. I can hold him/her and really check.
How old was it when the comb turned red?

Back
Top Bottom