Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Thank you. She is a hatchery black Australorp.  One of my all time favorites.  Love the big dark eyes.

She is a cutie. We are hoping to add Australorp hens to match up woth our roo.

I have two gold Wyandottes that are from the same feed store and one started a little bigger And still not close to same size or feather development

Appa my bigger pullet

Aang my smaller pullet

I don't know I guess I'm just worried with the different development I might have 1 roo and 1 hen any thoughts?

they're on my shoulders you can see one is a bit bigger although their temperament is very laid back Also they're about 3 thi 3 1/2 weeks in these pictures

Last edited:
Can someone please help me with these? They're about 13 weeks, I know one for sure is a roo but not 100% on the othe 2. I was told they were Amber links.

I have two gold Wyandottes that are from the same feed store and one started a little bigger And still not close to same size or feather development

Appa my bigger pullet

Aang my smaller pullet

I don't know I guess I'm just worried with the different development I might have 1 roo and 1 hen any thoughts?

they're on my shoulders you can see one is a bit bigger although their temperament is very laid back Also they're about 3 thi 3 1/2 weeks in these pictures

To early to tell. Come back in a few weeks. So far they all look like pullets though. Just like people pullets come in different sizes. Watch for reddening in the comb as the first sign with wyandottes. Also lack of tail feather development.

Hello fellow chicken fans, these little chickadees are a little over 6 weeks old. The first chicks, the two together (Stiltskin and Butterscotch), are siblings--a Silkie-Speckled Sussex mix. I'm pretty sure that Stiltskin is a pullet and Butterscotch is a cockerel based on their combs, but the others I'm not so sure about. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

above--Stiltskin (l) and Butterscotch (r)

below--three images of Rumples, an Ameraucana (or Easter Egger?)

below--four images of Wesley (an Easter Egger)

Hello fellow chicken fans, these little chickadees are a little over 6 weeks old. The first chicks, the two together (Stiltskin and Butterscotch), are siblings--a Silkie-Speckled Sussex mix. I'm pretty sure that Stiltskin is a pullet and Butterscotch is a cockerel based on their combs, but the others I'm not so sure about. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. above--Stiltskin (l) and Butterscotch (r) below--three images of Rumples, an Ameraucana (or Easter Egger?) below--four images of Wesley (an Easter Egger)
All easter egger pullets except the one you said was a cockerel. He is a boy lol.

Brand new chicken owner here! and loving every second! My flock is about 6 weeks old. Am I correct in assuming the picture with Chick A and Chick B all chicks that look like A are Male and all chicks that look like chick B are Pullets? I have about 5 of each of those! Also there are the other ones that I have no idea on:) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brand new chicken owner here! and loving every second! My flock is about 6 weeks old. Am I correct in assuming the picture with Chick A and Chick B all chicks that look like A are Male and all chicks that look like chick B are Pullets? I have about 5 of each of those! Also there are the other ones that I have no idea on:) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Any chick with a comb as red as chick A's before 10 weeks of age is a cockerel.
#1 and #2 are red sexlink pullets. They can be sexed by color, so you know for sure that they are female.
#3 is a Barred Rock. And since the comb is red and the barring is 'lighter', you can be sure that it is also male.
#5 is an Easter Egger cockerel.
#7 is a Barred Rock pullet. Notice how much darker her barring is, compared to #3.

Any chick with a comb as red as chick A's before 10 weeks of age is a cockerel.
#1 and #2 are red sexlink pullets. They can be sexed by color, so you know for sure that they are female.
#3 is a Barred Rock. And since the comb is red and the barring is 'lighter', you can be sure that it is also male.
#5 is an Easter Egger cockerel.
#7 is a Barred Rock pullet. Notice how much darker her barring is, compared to #3.

x2

Back
Top Bottom