November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Well going on Day 10 and NO IDEA how my eggs are doing. I usually use a flashlight app for candling but with these Maran eggs all I really see is the air sack. 70 eggs in and hoping they're doing OK. I guess I'll know in another 10-12 days. Last batch started early on day 20 and finished early on day 22.
fl.gif

Well going on Day 10 and NO IDEA how my eggs are doing. I usually use a flashlight app for candling but with these Maran eggs all I really see is the air sack. 70 eggs in and hoping they're doing OK. I guess I'll know in another 10-12 days. Last batch started early on day 20 and finished early on day 22.:fl

:fl

Quote: if it were me...and many will disagree....I would candle the late ones.
yes do wait 4 days at least before giving up
are you sure what your humidity is?
I have guineas due Thurs....I didn't add them to the incubator I use for hatching until today because I had an egg that was due sooner and then a chick
big_smile.png

I candled them before I put them in and they are all in the air cell...when you candle you hopefully will see a shadow in the air cell..
fl.gif
at this point

Well going on Day 10 and NO IDEA how my eggs are doing. I usually use a flashlight app for candling but with these Maran eggs all I really see is the air sack. 70 eggs in and hoping they're doing OK. I guess I'll know in another 10-12 days. Last batch started early on day 20 and finished early on day 22.
fl.gif
I put my first ever Marans in on Saturday! they are so beautiful! I'm so excited about this hatch...well all of them but I'm adding breeds I don't have....anywho I've not candled Maran eggs before so it'll be interesting!!

best of luck!
fl.gif
fl.gif

the lady I bought the lakenvelder eggs from has offered to send me chicks instead of refunding my money...which I was surprised she offered...so I guess that would be okay...its not too hot for shipping live chicks!
big_smile.png

I think she realized that her birds weren't...taking care of business
wink.png

someone needs to
smack.gif
me....I just bought some splash wheaton AMERAUCANA eggs
but wont they be amazing?
lol.png
....I might be with you...We think we have a broody hen.. should know for sure today........
and she will need eggs of course........ I have eggs but get bored with my own breeds..
I do have a BLRW roo with my mixed layer group but.....................will probably order something different...........
I'm kind of hooked on Silkies right now.

Day 19 for lock down. I do not think my 4 hr. power outage affected the eggs............They appear full of chicks.

Back
Top Bottom