November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

my little sex link egg, due tomorrow, is chirping
wee.gif
it's got a big pip
ya.gif

Help please! Anyone on how hatch goes when. the air cell was saddle and is now nearly the whole egg... baby is still moving but peep is weaker and it sounds like a paper bag rattle in there. Don't want to go too fast out of panic but shouldn't I peek in just in case he needs me?

they completely hatched themselves? hummm

I had a little guinea keet that hatched a month or so ago that had a little yolk sticking out...it never absorbed it, it finally just dried up...but I did keep it isolated until I was sure it wouldn't rupture...if you find a reason let me know

Do guineas hatch quickly? I have 16 due any day now.

I'm really nervous - it's day 3 for my six donated eggs, and I saw nothing on candling. I think I'm supposed to see veins, but I don't. How long should I wait before declaring the hatch unviable. Also, how do I check to see if they were even fertile? The person who gave them to me has three roosters, so they should have been fertile.

I'm really nervous - it's day 3 for my six donated eggs, and I saw nothing on candling. I think I'm supposed to see veins, but I don't. How long should I wait before declaring the hatch unviable. Also, how do I check to see if they were even fertile? The person who gave them to me has three roosters, so they should have been fertile.
10 days

Quote: once they pip mine seem to hatch within that day...

with the duck...the picture you posted a few days ago looks to me like it's internally pipped...you say it's externally pipped??? I thought I read that...

if you are very worried then you need to make that management decision...my opinion...if it's pipped the air cell is not an issue now...it would be if it couldn't pip due to the air cell....before you do anything candle and see how it looks...ducks don't zip they peck a whole straight through the side of the egg

once they pip mine seem to hatch within that day... I made a tiny hole and his little bill came right to it and he's talking to me lol...

with the duck...the picture you posted a few days ago looks to me like it's internally pipped...you say it's externally pipped??? I thought I read that...

if you are very worried then you need to make that management decision...my opinion...if it's pipped the air cell is not an issue now...it would be if it couldn't pip due to the air cell....before you do anything candle and see how it looks...ducks don't zip they peck a whole straight through the side of the egg

Back
Top Bottom