November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

guineas born on Sunday. 14 more from a separate nest are in lockdown with my 3 silkies.
This set are either royal purple or pearl gray. The others will be lavender or rp or pg. Can't wait to see! I hope at least two are lav. Their ancestors about three gen back were brought from equador to a friend of a friend.

So update on the hatch I think/thought was doomed. I candled again today (day 6), and it seems like maybe there's something going on in a few. Two seem to very clearly have air cells. But - and this is what makes me think there's somethig wrong - I don't see veining in any of them. Is it possible my light just isn't bright enough? I'm so worried!
I think they could be developing deep in the egg so at this early stage your unable to see any development...my advise...let them be until this weekend except a few times a day spray very warm water on them...duck eggs love that...mamas go for a swim then sit on their eggs...I believe it's too soon to call it! not before the 10 days at least

I've almost given up on chicken eggs but by day 10 it was obvious they were alive!
hugs.gif

I think they could be developing deep in the egg so at this early stage your unable to see any development...my advise...let them be until this weekend except a few times a day spray very warm water on them...duck eggs love that...mamas go for a swim then sit on their eggs...I believe it's too soon to call it! not before the 10 days at least

I've almost given up on chicken eggs but by day 10 it was obvious they were alive!:hugs

These are chicken eggs. I'll give them a few more days. I'm sooo hoping I'm wrong about them not developing. :fl

Quote: I hatched 4 call ducks this last summer
Butter...she was born all yellow
ebony...HE was all black
Bonnie...HE looked like he was wearing a mask so one of our kids said bonnie and clyde...always thinking girl so we went Bonnie....HE doesn't care
lau.gif

and my baby
Coco.....She is a full sized chocolate bibbed

they are my heart!! love my duckles
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom