November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Update on April *let my baby sister name her and her eyes just LIT up like a lightbulb*:

Already can I tell a HUGE difference in her neck. Still curves, but when she bends to peck for food and such, it goes straight and she looks normal. I am expecting recovery soon- thanks everyone for the suggestion to get those drops heh.

:lau  that's what I would do :D

I'm envious of the golden lakenvelders....but I hope you didn't get them from the same person on ebay I bought mine from....not 1 was fertile...she's suppose to be working with me to get me some eggs in the spring:/

No, I got them from someone here on BYC that lives about 5 miles from me! She gave me one Lakenvelder/Sweedish Flower, because she has the SF hen in with the LV roo. That should be an interesting cross if it hatches! Most of the ones she gave me are Maran,which are exciting to me!

So I officially ended my hatch. I was going to wait until Sunday, but I got new eggs this morning, and I didn't want them to compete in the incubator. Nothing was going on, as I expected. Only 3/6 showed fertile spots, but no development. Oh well, it was a good test run for the bator. Here's my new bunch. There's a few pullet eggs in there, which she said could hatch, but I know they have a harder time.

I put them in at about 10am today. I haven't looked the calendar to see what hatch day is. :/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Egger
did you ever read this??
I love studying the breeds
I read up on all of the breeds I get, unless they are for someone else. I have read about them for months. I have done extensive research. Sometimes I get frustrated with the advice given on this siite. People hear something and pass it on as if they know what they are talking about. I wish people would say nothing if they don't know. Some of the things people do frustrate me. Throwing out eggs because they don't see anything after a few days? I have seen that advice given. Some take longer, some are develpoing in the center, some have weak flashlights and it doesn't hurt to be patient. Why is everyone always in such a hurry to throw out eggs? Keeping them in helps with the temp. I wish more people would do their own research.

I read up on all of the breeds I get, unless they are for someone else.  I have read about them for months.  I have done extensive research.  Sometimes I get frustrated with the advice given on this siite.  People hear something and pass it on as if they know what they are talking about.  I wish people would say nothing if they don't know.  Some of the things people do frustrate me.  Throwing out eggs because they don't see anything after a few days?   I have seen that advice given.   Some take longer, some are develpoing in the center, some have weak flashlights and it doesn't hurt to  be patient.  Why is everyone always in such a hurry to throw out eggs?  Keeping them in helps with the temp.  I wish more people would do their own research.  

Somanyhats and I are on day 10 of incubation and see nothing its not like we didn't give them time to develop I have hatched meany duck eggs before and had amazing viening at day 7 so if thwre is nothing by then it doesn't hurt to ask more excperiances ppl for help not all the reading the the world can help as much as a really person talking to u and giving u advise! Its not like we just listened to one person we had lots of ppl tell us that if there's nothing by day 10 there probable won't be anything later!

Back
Top Bottom