November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

these little faverolles are so sweet and soft...I'm in love
love.gif

the little orloffs are still fluffing...I'll kiss on them tomorrow
big_smile.png

Somanyhats and I are on day 10 of incubation and see nothing its not like we didn't give them time to develop I have hatched meany duck eggs before and had amazing viening at day 7 so if thwre is nothing by then it doesn't hurt to ask more excperiances ppl for help not all the reading the the world can help as much as a really person talking to u and giving u advise! Its not like we just listened to one person we had lots of ppl tell us that if there's nothing by day 10 there probable won't be anything later!
I wasn't refering to you. I think someone actually suggested to you that they were bad early on but you listened to others and waited. There have been others that have candled at day 2-4 and tossed because they saw something in one and not the others.

well I figured you did...I just thought it was interesting
roll.png

you seem a little annoyed today
rant.gif
Sometimes people write directly asking for advice. I even give them a good source to read from. Then they ask on here, which is good to verify, but they only listen to the person that gives the easiest answer. Sometimes it's a good answer but not usually. Happens a lot late at night. Awhile ago there was someone that was giving a lot of bad advice. Haven't seen him around lately. I just waited I suppose because I didn't want a fight. I just wanted to remind people to follow up on their own. New people don't know who knows what.

after 9 and 10 days it's obvious...I doubt she was referring to you
hugs.gif

I have read where people are judging at days 3 or 5 and it's too soon...

Yep, those are the ones. Also leaving them in, if they don't stink, can help maintain a more even temp.
Yeah, I don't think that was directed at you. I have seen people tossing eggs on day 4
hmm.png
Sometimes I am not as polite as other people so I don't say anything.

I don't think so either(that it was directed at me) but its and edvise site and ppl are just looking for advise and sometimes reading isn't enough! That's all I'm saying!
hide.gif
Yes, you are right about the reading and advice is good. Newer people don't always know who the people are with good advice and sometimes someone will answer a question with bad advice. Not too long ago, someone asked a question late at night and the person that answered had never hatched chick before. Sometimes the questions aren't clear. I gave advise thinking it was about chicken eggs because it didn't say in the question. A few comments later the duck part was mentioned. So mistakes can be made. Some one asked how many days until their eggs should hatch. Sometimes people use this as a place to take a short cut. If you got upset, you probably care, read a lot, ask a lot of questions and love your babies. Keep on asking. I still ask. There are people on here with good info.

I'm thinking the point isn't "ppl asking opinions and advise" I'm assuming she was directing the comment toward anyone that gives opinions matter of factly but actually haven't even studied let alone experienced what they are advising about .
thumbsup.gif

I've tried others threads and can't get help from anyone. So I ended up venting here. Sorry everyone. There have been people giving bad advice here too but there is a more really good advice. Sometimes I worry about the new people giving up after getting bad advice and killing all of there eggs. That happened to me when I first started so I am extra sensitive to it. I had 3 people tell me to do the same wrong thing. Before I found this thread. After I found out it was wrong and said something about it, I was 'attacked' and was told by one of the admin people not to say anything negative. So basically, let people give bad advice. I have noticed the bad advice givers don't stay around long on this thread.

More important than any of this, Max is doing great and still growing so fast. Today he found a spot in the window and hung out there awhile. He also took a nap with me and another nap with my dog.

I wasn't refering to you. I think someone actually suggested to you that they were bad early on but you listened to others and waited. There have been others that have candled at day 2-4 and tossed because they saw something in one and not the others. Sometimes people write directly asking for advice. I even give them a good source to read from. Then they ask on here, which is good to verify, but they only listen to the person that gives the easiest answer. Sometimes it's a good answer but not usually. Happens a lot late at night. Awhile ago there was someone that was giving a lot of bad advice. Haven't seen him around lately. I just waited I suppose because I didn't want a fight. I just wanted to remind people to follow up on their own. New people don't know who knows what. Yep, those are the ones. Also leaving them in, if they don't stink, can help maintain a more even temp. Sometimes I am not as polite as other people so I don't say anything. Yes, you are right about the reading and advice is good. Newer people don't always know who the people are with good advice and sometimes someone will answer a question with bad advice. Not too long ago, someone asked a question late at night and the person that answered had never hatched chick before. Sometimes the questions aren't clear. I gave advise thinking it was about chicken eggs because it didn't say in the question. A few comments later the duck part was mentioned. So mistakes can be made. Some one asked how many days until their eggs should hatch. Sometimes people use this as a place to take a short cut. If you got upset, you probably care, read a lot, ask a lot of questions and love your babies. Keep on asking. I still ask. There are people on here with good info. .:thumbsup I've tried others threads and can't get help from anyone. So I ended up venting here. Sorry everyone. There have been people giving bad advice here too but there is a more really good advice. Sometimes I worry about the new people giving up after getting bad advice and killing all of there eggs. That happened to me when I first started so I am extra sensitive to it. I had 3 people tell me to do the same wrong thing. Before I found this thread. After I found out it was wrong and said something about it, I was 'attacked' and was told by one of the admin people not to say anything negative. So basically, let people give bad advice. I have noticed the bad advice givers don't stay around long on this thread. More important than any of this, Max is doing great and still growing so fast. Today he found a spot in the window and hung out there awhile. He also took a nap with me and another nap with my dog.
I'm sorry to I jumped to fast to even think about it I do agree some give very bad advise! I love ur max he is adorable I had two baby turkeys hatch in july but sadly they both died about a week later I have no clue y the ate and drank good but some things are beyond us humans!:hugs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom