November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

I was peering in the hatcher at my Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs and decided to replace the batteries in my flashlight and do one last candling at day 19. Down from 15 to 13 eggs. STILL phenomenal considering I only bought 12
smile.png
Previously with shipped eggs I have a 5 out of 112 eggs set success rate while I have a nearly 100% hatch rate with my own and local eggs
hmm.png
fl.gif
No more quitters babies, you hear me??? all you need to do is hatch now - and then STAY HEALTHY!!
well that's what I say...dang...been busy all morning with 2 of my precious faverolles....they are waning! one seems to have wry neck...giving them strong vitamins but they are limp!! this is the hard part of hatching...
the trouble is limited to that breed...the others seem to be thriving! I am having a little trouble keeping the temps up for them this morning...my heat lamp isn't enough...I microwaved the neck thing while I run to walmart for a heating pad!

So I posted yesterday that one of my eggs due to hatch today was shaking. Today I have seen no movement. No pipping, I don't see or hear anything going on in there at all today. I know I have to be patient, but I'm getting a little nervous. Is it common for eggs to shake one day, then quit moving at all the next day? I will wait it out a few days if nothing happens, but I'm just curious if I should be concerned with the lack of movement. Thanks in advance from a nervous new hatcher!
fl.gif

So I posted yesterday that one of my eggs due to hatch today was shaking. Today I have seen no movement. No pipping, I don't see or hear anything going on in there at all today. I know I have to be patient, but I'm getting a little nervous. Is it common for eggs to shake one day, then quit moving at all the next day? I will wait it out a few days if nothing happens, but I'm just curious if I should be concerned with the lack of movement. Thanks in advance from a nervous new hatcher!
fl.gif

On lockdown, I had two eggs shaking. Late next night, one hatched and the other didn't hatched until the next day afterwards! Movement also disappeared for that one. Just be patient! <3

So I posted yesterday that one of my eggs due to hatch today was shaking.  Today I have seen no movement.  No pipping, I don't see or hear anything going on in there at all today.  I know I have to be patient, but I'm getting a little nervous.  Is it common for eggs to shake one day, then quit moving at all the next day?  I will wait it out a few days if nothing happens, but I'm just curious if I should be concerned with the lack of movement.  Thanks in advance from a nervous new hatcher! :fl
Its hard to know, but if there are no pips yet - IMO - there is no harm it taking it out and candling again. You might see an internal pip and start some cheaping. Just add more humidity when you put it back in if needed. That is what I would do, but others are very strict about opening the bator. I actually do it quite a lot sometimes :oops:

Its hard to know, but if there are no pips yet - IMO - there is no harm it taking it out and candling again. You might see an internal pip and start some cheaping. Just add more humidity when you put it back in if needed. That is what I would do, but others are very strict about opening the bator. I actually do it quite a lot sometimes
hide.gif
Thanks for the advice! I did see the same egg move just a little a few minutes ago, so at least I know the chick is ok right now. Going to just try to be patient and wait it out! It's just tough to be patient when you don't know what's going on and you just want them to hatch so badly! lol

I just sold all my chicks but 1 from my september and october hatches. The lone chick is 2 weeks old. What can I do to help it not feel lonely?? I should have let them buy it but it was the only one with a pea comb and im trying for olive eggers!

Thanks for the advice! I did see the same egg move just a little a few minutes ago, so at least I know the chick is ok right now. Going to just try to be patient and wait it out! It's just tough to be patient when you don't know what's going on and you just want them to hatch so badly! lol
It might help to know that they work then rest, work then rest...........
All normal..........and yes it is hard to wait..........I lucked out last time and had quite a few hatch when I was asleep...............
lol.png

well I've lost 2 day! 1 was a faverolle
1 was a 3 week old that died from shock after the ducks terrorized her...
the other faverolle is actually looking stronger...still has spasms but it's got some life
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom