November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Got rid of the foul smelling eggs, did candling and float tests on them first. 4 eggs have been eliminated this morning but only because they were obviously not full term at all (2 were rather small still and not moving and smelled) another was bigger, no movement and smelled horrendously... failed float test as well and the last was similar dont remmeber what. On the bright side, in the process of candling and trying to determine smell two eggs are majorly moving and still alive (yay!) another three passed float test by starting to rock when there had previously been no movement. and a couple others just not sure. I only float tested a few that seemed very questionable. Hoping we get a couple more hatches.

If anyone is good at determining gender and breed please see my thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/836316/breed-and-gender-please Trying to figure out what some of my hatched ones are. :)

Tara black- the eggs I set were shipped from Mary from ga. Also! Let me know how your incubating goes. What was her place like? I fell in love with the parentage pics and ordered from her- she does excellent on the packaging! It says a lot that she lets folks go to her place to pick them up too. I started to worry when I looked up 'bobbi porto silkies' (leave to it to me to order something when I don't know what part of it means but the gorgeous pics!) But Mary has a great reputation here on byc and I can vouch for that too:)

Ok
Eggs on lock down
Just lost 15 minutes peering through side Imagining rocking
:pop
How does anyone get anything done! :fl
Due sunday, or saturday for the northern hemisphere, house will go to wreck and ruin, kiddlets will be eating rice bubbles and the cats may eat the dog..everytime I walk past I get sucked back in !

:smack

boy I hope I am that lucky   Really, Really want these chicks!!!!!!   I'll let you know the out come
please do i remmber when i looked at those 40 eggs after the powercut i thought what a waste of eggs but when i saw them pip i was very happy and that so many came out

I got the email. Chick 1&2 - Barnvelders, chick 3- Bresse, chick 4 & 5 Sulmtalers, 6, 7, 8 & 9- 1 is Birchen & 3 are Black Marans, 10,11, & 12- Male Bielefelder, 13-18 Female Bielfelders.

I have three Cochin x Delaware eggs due to hatch in the next few days. My sister has been taking care of them for me while I've been gone. I'll be hatching Cochin x d'Uccle eggs next.

Back
Top Bottom