November Hatch-A-Long (2014)

Last summer I bought some eggs from a lady and hatched out a surprise turken. I fell in LOVE with him. He's supposed to be an olive egger, so I might breed him to some Marans or easter eggers to see what I get.

How cute is this little bugger?
One of mine was an olive egg!!! The other two that hatched were brown. (The two that died in shell, one was green and one was brown. This looks like one of our babies!!!

Cuteness! I don't know if they are known to hatch late. I hatched 10 chicks and the turken was the first to come out. For a moment I thought they would all be turkens, but no, he was the only one. Apparently the egg seller put the egg in my carton by mistake. I was a bit bummed that he was a cockerel, but it is what it is. I think I want to try to create chocolate egg laying turkens. We'll see...

Hi everyone! It sounds like everyone had great hatches! Mine are done. Final was 11 out of 13 hatched. One chick I think died about lock down- no pips. The second egg I'm not sure what happened but somehow while it was zipping it got its head back down toward the bottom of the egg and guess suffocated. I noticed it was taking a while and went in to help but it was dead. Still had a great hatch and very happy with the chicks!! Its always fun getting eggs at auctions since you never really know what the eggs are!! I have some look like buffs and/or sex links and 3 that maybe are ameraucanas. Not sure but the look like chipmunks..lol I will try to get pictures tomorrow. I can honestly say I have lost it, wasn't planning on hatching anymore for awhile, and not only am I hatching but I have 66 eggs I'm going to put in the bators!!!!!
hide.gif
ep.gif
18 are suppose to be light brahmas and 48 are a mix, from seramas to RIR and a few green eggs!! Should be fun!! Good luck to all :)
ep.gif
is right!! Awesome!

I have 7 ducklings in the brooder. Some of them are already getting a little rowdy! The last 3 are good and still in the bator with the one chick I hatched. They are so sweet, I love how lovey ducklings are...
love.gif

ep.gif
is right!! Awesome!
I really do think I have lost it but it is fun and I'm just enjoying hatching and getting happy, cute chicks! My hubby was the one that bidded on the first set of eggs and won, I thought he would just take a couple dozen but instead he took all 4 !!! LOL I got the 18 brahmas for $4 and the others were $7 a piece :) Its hard to pass them up!! Now the first hump is to see if they are even fertile. I won't panic until a few weeks and see how many make it getting close to lock down...lol I did get another incubator with a fan this time so we will see how it goes! So happy all your ducks are doing good!! Maybe one day I will try but I know I will love them and want to keep them! They are the sweetest! Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom