November Hatch-A-Longs 2017

Pics
I miscalculated with my busy life lol. But, the chicken mix that I wanted, that egg has pipped externally today. Not much movement but there's clearly a hole and I can see the beak moving here and there. The 7 duck eggs I have left should be here next week. the chick will be a brown leghorn (hen) and barred rock cross.

OMG OMG OMG so amazing!
20171108_201108.jpg

Attachments

• 20171108_203245.jpg
    20171108_203245.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 11
I have no idea what I'm hatching. I got an assortment from a local person most are easter eggers. I have one lavender something in there, but it's not looking like its going to come out anytime soon and I may have to help its membrane is dry.

I have gotten chicks from the feed store many times, I'm on my third flock, the first two had to be rehomed when I moved a few years ago.

She's here! Exactly on Day 21..Humidity dropped a bit and she already zipped and was getting sticky so i popped the top off for her to do the rest. Yolk fully absorbed with waste in the bottom. Her name will be Omni. She's a 1 outta 1. She will be housed with the other chicks I have until next week when the ducklings come.
IMG_20171109_082700_050.jpg

IMG_20171109_082700_045.jpg

I have no idea what I'm hatching. I got an assortment from a local person most are easter eggers. I have one lavender something in there, but it's not looking like its going to come out anytime soon and I may have to help its membrane is dry.

I have gotten chicks from the feed store many times, I'm on my third flock, the first two had to be rehomed when I moved a few years ago.

Mine are a fun mystery, too. I have a dozen two week old chicks from an orchard where I took my son on a field trip. They turned out to be the only place I could find fertile eggs when I wanted more, so now I have a bunch more in the incubator from them. I love the surprise!

Mine are a fun mystery, too. I have a dozen two week old chicks from an orchard where I took my son on a field trip. They turned out to be the only place I could find fertile eggs when I wanted more, so now I have a bunch more in the incubator from them. I love the surprise!
Yeah, the woman I got them from told me some of them should be lavender but we will see. I have one who I have no idea where the air sack is, I have pulled some of the shell off since they were not making much noise, now they are all chirpy pants. One is a dark olive and I can't see through it at all but I hear it inside making noise, not sure when I should intervene since it hasn't pipped yet at all.

Back
Top Bottom