NY chicken lover!!!!

I don't think she's going to make it.

5 month old roosters.
oh I cant take them

You couldn't take them anyway because you are in Tennessee, unless you moved. I think you are confused and in the wrong thread, unless you are wanting to pay $50 at least to have people ship them to you. You may want to check the Tennessee thread instead.

Although I do see you are also asking people in California which is clear across the country from us to give you chickens too, so maybe you do want to have them shipped to you. This is just my opinion, but I'd rather buy a local hen for $20 than pay $50 to have a free one shipped to me from across the country.

Last edited:
You couldn't take them anyway because you are in Tennessee, unless you moved. I think you are confused and in the wrong thread, unless you are wanting to pay $50 at least to have people ship them to you. You may want to check the Tennessee thread instead.
I think it's a very bored person who wants to feel special. Either way my boys have a new home as of tonight. They will have 30 a acres and 60 hens. Now @tao chick I can have the barbanter boy you need gone.

I think it's a very bored person who wants to feel special. Either way my boys have a new home as of tonight. They will have 30 a acres and 60 hens. Now @tao chick I can have the barbanter boy you need gone.

Congrats on finding them a good home! I'm going to be trying to rehome a cemani rooster here pretty soon. I was keeping him as a just in case backup but he's not really one I would want to breed, too much red in the wattles. I'm getting another rooster that will be my main which means my main will be bumped to backup so this guy will need a new home. Hopefully I'll be able to find him a nice place.

Congrats on finding them a good home! I'm going to be trying to rehome a cemani rooster here pretty soon. I was keeping him as a just in case backup but he's not really one I would want to breed, too much red in the wattles. I'm getting another rooster that will be my main which means my main will be bumped to backup so this guy will need a new home. Hopefully I'll be able to find him a nice place.
Those are the solid black ones correct?

]Those are the solid black ones correct?

Yep, these guys:

He himself is solid black except for the darn wattles, which are mulberry/red, especially so in the sunlight. He looked like he was going to be a really nice boy until that happened which I why I kept him for backup.

I don't think she's going to make it.

I noticed in your emergency thread post you said she has a limp. Did you ever check her for bumblefoot? If not I'd do it. When left untreated it will go systemic and kill a bird, which may be what's happening here. It might be too late but you could try giving her the surgery and amoxicillin and see what happens if she does have bumblefoot. The dose for chickens is 125mg/kg twice a day or 100mg/kg three times a day. 1kg = 2.2 pounds.

FYI if anyone wants to have amoxicillin on hand for problems like this with chickens, buy fish mox, that's what it is.

Last edited:
Well I need a bit of help. @PhoredaBurds I sold 3 of my gold spitzhauben x white leghorn teens tonight. The lady fell in love with them and wants more come spring. Now, the part I need help with is what to call them. Can I even get away with crossing 2 breeds and naming the new breed? Plus the teens are your fault for making me buy spitz and golden boy last year lol, joking. So I see it only fair you help me with a name.

Back
Top Bottom