NY chicken lover!!!!

Good Morning! I haven't been on in a while.

We're going to be going to the chicken show on the 19th in Syracuse at the fair grounds. Maybe we'll see some of you there.

Rancher-- The hen Luv got from Lap is a descendent of buckwheat I believe. Lap got her as a chick from me and I got my original frizzle from you. Small world! My prayers are with you and DW.

We're going to be going to the chicken show on the 19th in Syracuse at the fair grounds. Maybe we'll see some of you there.

Rancher-- The hen Luv got from Lap is a descendent of buckwheat I believe. Lap got her as a chick from me and I got my original frizzle from you. Small world! My prayers are with you and DW.
Sooo cool!! I remember that she said that she had gotten it from you!

Only got 3 eggs this morning from the duck hut! looks like I'm on to their shenanigans! Now if I cold get my other girls to lay some eggs I'd be happy. I have gotten a big fat 0 from the hens for 5 days now.
he.gif
Half of the girls are done with their molt but haven't started back laying at all. I have 2 girls that are 18 weeks this week so they should start to lay one of these days soon...

..but then again I'm preaching to the choir...right...
wink.png

frow.gif
Hi Tab and everyone else! Enjoy the show!

I just sold a few chickens. Mostly young ones. I have three frizzles from Cotton bud, Buckwheat and Frenchy. I suspect all roos, but I kept them anyhow.

Buckwheat is all swollen again and I don't know why. She has been laying egg but eating them I think. Thinned shelled too. I have her quarantined of course.

Big Fox today trying to get into the back hoop coop this am. Chased it away. Set some fires in our fire rings, hoping the smoke and all will drive him to move on.

Oh Ed and Crystal bought the chickens. Told them about BYC and this thread hope they get on soon. Nice young couple with kids so I suspect very busy like you and Trav.

I give your recipe to all new people but forgot to give it to them. darn!

DW can use Gods help for sure. She was fine yesterday and we took her apple picking but today she's not so good. I don't understand that. Pray for my son in law. That he gets lots of work. They've been helping us financially. He's a good worker too. I Know cuz last year I hired him to do our garage roof. I watched him work. No messing around all work with him. Wish he'd get a new partner.

Well take care everyone,

Rancher

Question to all. Do you have a will made out? How did you find a lawyer ?

Yes, we have wills and POA and 'living wills'. Any local lawyer should be able to draw up a simple will for you. Ask around the area and see who is recommended. Surprisingly, the will, POA etc. didn't cost much, but then it was straight forward, no trusts, etc to administer.

My bunch are cutting back on the eggs they will give me. There is some ugly molting, there are some who seem to have nice new feathers but must have done it gradually, and those who brooded chicks have nice full feather. And the two dark chicks are very quiet, but are growing long drooping tail feathers, no crowing yet. The orange chicks have yet to reveal their gender to me. Zero eggs yesterday, three today.

Evening All,
My egg production has dropped as well. None of my Silkies are laying. My Polish hens are, they winning by a longshot in the egg laying race. Stella has stopped laying, got maybe a dozen eggs from her after she got here and now nothing.

My run should be done soon. Also picked up a $200 rabbit hutch this weekend for $50. I'm going to use it as a breeding pen for my Silkies.

It's brand new, never used, wasn't even finished being put together by the woman who bought it. She started putting it together and realized it was not going to fit the birds she wanted to keep in it. So she took a loss to sell it quick. I finished staining it today. Tomorrow I have to go out and buy better locks for it.

Picked up this guy today...

He's not Gru but I love his markings. I was originally going to get a splash pullet (6wks old) from this girl but then she posted this handsome man and I figured that would be more beneficial to me - to have a Roo again and have a bird that can go right in with the girls rather than get picked on because it's so small. I didn't really have anyone I could have houses the pullet with to keep it company.

That's where I'm at. Up to 16 birds. Came down here with 8 and some chicks-sold the chicks and my numbers keep growing :)

Back
Top Bottom