NY chicken lover!!!!

Oh Jesus what an afternoon.... My son somehow forgot to close our door and as soon as our dog Stella realized it was open she jumped the gate to our back room and was out the door!! I put on the first pair of boots that I came to and ran out of the house. She ran right for the chickens and managed to get a hold of one. She chased the poor thing around the front of the house and over to the other side before I got to them and got a hold of the dog. I got her in the house and in her crate then went and found the chicken. Other then exhausted she looks alright. I have put her in the "infirmary" for the night to keep an eye on her, but she looks okay. Needless to say my son is in trouble for leaving the door open and I got my exercise running around in my husband's boots trying to catch our dog... I think I had a heart attack but it looks like the hen is going to be okay thank god. Oh and Stella (the dog) had to have a bath because her legs and belly were nasty with mud and other muck from the yard.... I'm ready for bed:th

Oh Jesus what an afternoon.... My son somehow forgot to close our door and as soon as our dog Stella realized it was open she jumped the gate to our back room and was out the door!! I put on the first pair of boots that I came to and ran out of the house. She ran right for the chickens and managed to get a hold of one. She chased the poor thing around the front of the house and over to the other side before I got to them and got a hold of the dog. I got her in the house and in her crate then went and found the chicken. Other then exhausted she looks alright. I have put her in the "infirmary" for the night to keep an eye on her, but she looks okay. Needless to say my son is in trouble for leaving the door open and I got my exercise running around in my husband's boots trying to catch our dog... I think I had a heart attack but it looks like the hen is going to be okay thank god. Oh and Stella (the dog) had to have a bath because her legs and belly were nasty with mud and other muck from the yard.... I'm ready for bed:th
Oh what a day!

I had problem with the neighbor dogs this winter and tired of it. They were issued appearance ticket, and of course plead not guilty to their dog harassing and killing our chickens. Now I have to go to town court against them.

Not good exercise. Sorry this happened. Rest . Aria

first shipment of hatching eggs arrived yesterday for the Easter hatch-along - 7 Midget White Turkey eggs! Got chicken eggs ordered to come in next week. I'll save all the shipping materials to bring to Chickenstock if anyone can use them. Double boxes, Styrofoam peanuts and bubble wrap.

first shipment of hatching eggs arrived yesterday for the Easter hatch-along - 7 Midget White Turkey eggs! Got chicken eggs ordered to come in next week. I'll save all the shipping materials to bring to Chickenstock if anyone can use them. Double boxes, Styrofoam peanuts and bubble wrap.

Well this is funny, I'd bet I know who you got those from. Tennessee, right? I have a friend who's been selling eggs. She gifted me some too. I've got two batches from her incubating right now and they are all developing, every single one.

Well this is funny, I'd bet I know who you got those from. Tennessee, right? I have a friend who's been selling eggs. She gifted me some too. I've got two batches from her incubating right now and they are all developing, every single one.
Yes it was! Valley Poultry :) There is a breeder in downstate NY, Red Feather Farm, but don’t think his started laying yet. Surprisingly hubby wasn’t mad when they arrived, since they are chicken-ish sized. I haven’t told him yet that they will likely live in the trees :oops:

DE847AC4-DC3A-48CD-BF31-108DDAB04531.jpeg
Sad night here, found daughter’s show chicken, Lemony Snicket, dead in the coop. She had been attacked by the neighbor dog for a second time this year on Tuesday. All I can guess is the stress weakened her. She was a beautiful, large, healthy lemon cuckoo Orpington. I picked her up as a chick from Chickenstock 2017. Abby is heartbroken.

As part of the hatchalong I have 1/2 doz Isabel Cuckoo Orp eggs already ordered, along with 1 doz SLW/GLW for me and 1 doz bantam partridge Wyandotte. All good quality birds.
Hoping this hatch goes well so we have lots of show chicken options.

View attachment 1710806 Sad night here, found daughter’s show chicken, Lemony Snicket, dead in the coop. She had been attacked by the neighbor dog for a second time this year on Tuesday.
So Sorry ...Sad for both of them ..do you have pictures of the dog there to back up your Story ? prove them Liars ? Do they free range when you arent home ?

Back
Top Bottom