October Hatch-a-long 2022🎃🐣🍁

Ok 4 hatched and doin well just got em moved so others can focus! 😆
Got 2 really light buffs, 1 redder buff and 1 chipmunk lookin buff! Yeehaw!!!
I draped damp paper towel over the 1 zipping while i quickly moved the 4 and it seems to be doing fine. But will definitely keep an eye on it as it had the awful aircell like @kurby22 showed in previous post (or rather membrane as @LadiesAndJane explained)...really shocked it is zippin much less hatching!
And 1 more external pip.
Here's a few floof pics n video for ya! It thrills me to look over and finally see this color yall!!!

Attachments

• 20221029_072604.jpg
    20221029_072604.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221029_072609.jpg
    20221029_072609.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221029_072639.jpg
    20221029_072639.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221029_072648.jpg
    20221029_072648.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 3
Ok 4 hatched and doin well just got em moved so others can focus! 😆
Got 2 really light buffs, 1 redder buff and 1 chipmunk lookin buff! Yeehaw!!!
I draped damp paper towel over the 1 zipping while i quickly moved the 4 and it seems to be doing fine. But will definitely keep an eye on it as it had the awful aircell like @kurby22 showed in previous post (or rather membrane as @LadiesAndJane explained)...really shocked it is zippin much less hatching!
And 1 more external pip.
Here's a few floof pics n video for ya! It thrills me to look over and finally see this color yall!!!
Congratulations on your fluff nuggets!
😍😍😍
:wee :wee

And happy first birthday to your grandson! 🎂🥳

Sounds like it’s a great day today!😃

@Pinedale Silkies how is it going with your shipped eggs? You should be about a week in now, right?😊
A week and three days now! 😄
As for how they’re going, I have some good news and bad news. Bad news: a few days ago, day 5 I think, while checking one of the hens, she sorta freaked out a bit (she isn’t the tamest of hens) and accidentally kicked one of the eggs. It cracked, and got yolk on 5 or 6 of the others.
Luckily, I didn’t spot any blood vessels inside it, so I think it was infertile, but I had to spot clean the eggs that got dirty with a wet cloth so they didn’t attract flies/the mother didn’t start eating them. She went back down on them fine, and has been sitting well for the past few days, but I’m anxious that cleaning off the yolk (and thus, at least some portion of the bloom) that this could cause complications or lead to infection. I’ll be candling again on day 14, so fingers crossed :fl
As for the good news, the other hen has been absolutely fine with her eight eggs, has been sitting well and is very protective of her brood. She’s raised several broods before so I’m confident she’ll be fine. :)
So, so far, not too bad, could be better, but hey, it is how it is. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Welp 6 hatched out of 9 that went in lockdown...2 were assist and 1 didn't make it. The last assist is still fluffing up and very weak but I believe it should be ok.

The first 4 are healthy, floofy and excited to have big siblings with the week old cochins!!! Super happy they are all getting along!

Got a funeral to go to but hoping to get better pics tonight!

Attachments

• 20221030_075010.jpg
    20221030_075010.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom