Office Work, Part Deux: Professional Mayhen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all.

It is raaaaaining here today, which is unusal. It is like 45 degrees outside.

I wish I had gotten Shaner to cut the weeds this week. They are the devil-horn and burr weeds, and once it rains in PHX, the weeds start dropping them like crazy.

Quote:
83* today, 91* yesterday. Nice and breezy, not too humid. You know what I call that? Stop, drop (what you're doing), and (go) fishing weather. So that's exactly what I did yesterday morning.
cool.png

Quote:
Oh goodness, Maple! You trying to kill me?! Warn us before you post graphic stuff like that...
Sheesh... Awwww... They're really too cute. I need a kitten.

Or two.

Ok. Caught back up.

frow.gif
Hi evvybody!!!!

Debi, sorry about the cat
hugs.gif

g~ People named 'Granny' need to be supervised as if they were teenagers....

dacs, welcome aboard. We did say nice things. I'm sorry you can't remember any of them. We almost even named the thread after you.

Batty, you can break quarantine if you wish. There may be consequences though. How long have you had them? Do they act healthy?
I've gone ahead and integrated birds right away before, with no quarantine, and had no trouble. Some peeps quarantine their showbirds, after a show, but I don't. Picked up lice from a neighbor bird at the Feb show, but I treated everyone and sprinkle a DE/Sevin combo in the coop every other week anyway since the wild birds have pests and I let my kids forage. (I don't use the drops because that can affect fertility from some info I've been reading.) But I digress...
Yes, you can break quarantine. If the poop looks normal, they breathe clear and they act perky, then I think you'll be okay. Especially if you've had them for a couple of weeks and they act that way.

I am currently sitting on my deck being thankful for my weather bubble. When we had the drought 2 years ago I was not thankful for the bubble. But as the radar has shown storms passing to the right and left of us all afternoon, I am thankful now. Got some wicked gusts of wind, but no hail so far. Other local areas have not been so lucky.

I hatched out 4 more chicks lastnight/ this morning. I am now the owner of 120 chickens, if chicks count. Only 30 if they don't. Everybody except the newborns got to play outside for 2 hours until the storms made DH panic. In his defense, they always look like they're coming right at us until they hit the invisible bubble.
And I have a lovely spring sunburn on my face.

Well, the laptop's gonna die soon, and I don't want to plug it in until I know the bubble has turned away ALL the storms. Catch ya'll later!!

Wow. Didja hear that sound? It was a margarita calling my name... :wee

Spent the last hour+ introducing the dogs to the chickens.

I have kept them seperate this whole time, due to an incident where the dogs killed (probably scared to death) 5 of 9 teenagers who somehow escaped from the big kid brooder.

But the dogs are getting older, and a few times a lone hen/roo has snuck out and been with the three dogs all day without incidnet.

More recently, Leelu (flatcoat lab/border collie mix) went outside with Shaner while he was holding Dozer (sizzle). Dozer was NOT inpressed by said doggie, and BAMBAMBAM! pecked her three times hard in the snout. Since then, Leelu has given the coop/run wide berth.

So, even though it is cold, windy, and freezing outside-- I took each dog out one on one. No problems---except the turkey tom seemed to think the dogs were humpable. At one point he tried to mount Leelu, who hopped back, knocking me into the struts of the trailer, followed by the tom landing on top of me. We had words.

foot really really hurts. Rethinking the not getting a tetanus shot when I had a truck land on my head thing.

Lori - they are doing really well. I think I'll wait the 2 weeks, though. That should cover incubation of most if not all diseases. Maybe all 3 will be laying by then as well.

Quote:
Sarah! Get the tetanus shot. I had the displeasure of watching a woman die of tetanus very early in my career. It is not pleasant for the person experiencing it nor for the people taking care of said person. A nail through the foot in a farmyard environment has to be one of the nastiest things outside of a sewer you can inject yourself with. Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom