Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #17

tick tick tick.gif

The contest ends tomorrow at 11:59 pm, so get those last-minute entries in, and be sure to spell/grammar check your articles one last time. The free spell/grammar checker that I use is Grammarly.

Articles Entered
HOW TO CURE FLYSTRIKE!

HOW TO CURE FLYSTRIKE!

Hello everyone! This is a guide about how to save your chickie or duckie from flystrike! I'm going to put the how to first, just in case you’re in dire need of this information. At the end of this article I will write about my story and how I came to find this. *Epsom...
Do Poultry Mourn Over The Loss Of A Flock Mate?

Do Poultry Mourn Over The Loss Of A Flock Mate?

Do Poultry Mourn? It has long been known that Elephants do indeed mourn their fallen comrades as do Giraffes and Apes. But do poultry and others in the avian species mourn? It has been very easy for human kind to think that animals or birds don’t have the...
Brooding Chicks: The First 6 Weeks

Brooding Chicks: The First 6 Weeks

Whether you've just hatched your own chicks in your incubator, an ordered batch of chicks from the hatchery has just arrived, or you brought home a box of fuzzy butts of joy from the feed store, if you don't have a broody in your coop to raise them you will need to brood and raise them yourself...
The Best Breed of Chicken... For You

The Best Breed of Chicken... For You

Often the case with first-time chicken owners is that they have many questions. One of the most common is “What is the best chicken breed?”. This probably sparks a few memories for some of you reading this right now (including me, I am definitely guilty of this). Now, let me clarify, there is...
Wry Neck in a Chick

Wry Neck in a Chick

Symptoms My barred rock pullet was 9 days old when I noticed that something was wrong. Her little neck had begun to twist back and upwards, leaving her fighting to stand upright, and forcing her head slowly and mercilessly around until her throat faced the sky. It didn’t happen all at once, but...
Coop Health: Designing and Maintaining a Healthy Coop

Coop Health: Designing and Maintaining a Healthy Coop

What is a healthy coop? A healthy coop breeds healthy birds. It's one that offers your flock the best environment to thrive and live a healthy life. How much room do chickens need? Is my coop predator proof? Does it have enough ventilation for good health? What sort of bedding is best for my...
Slowpoke, a Reality Check After an Assisted Hatch

Slowpoke, a Reality Check After an Assisted Hatch

I had no intention of doing an assisted hatch. I am firmly of the belief that the first step in maintaining a healthy flock is to never perpetuate problems. However, after discussing it with people who knew more than I do, it seemed that the late egg from my first hatch, the one that had spent...
Fun Fall Forage

Fun Fall Forage

As each night crisps a little more and I prepare my chicken shelter for another bitter winter, I'm taking advantage of all the greens available before the snow flies! The chickens have the opportunity to free range every afternoon, but their pasture is getting old and beaten down, so I like to...

Last edited:
It took a while but I finally finished the article.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/raising-indoor-chickens.78013/
Raising Indoor Chickens

Raising Indoor Chickens

Although chickens are mostly outdoor pets, you can keep them as indoor pets as well! Outdoor chickens are kept in a coop and can be taken out during the day for their exercise. An indoor chicken may go outside at times but they have their own space in the house they can roam around in. While...

I know some of these contests repeat every once in a while... Like the coop article contest. Will this article writing contest happen again sometime in the future? I really wanted to enter an article, but found out about the contest too late :hit (I still need to write said article.....)
We have #18 ready to start the moment this one closes!

Back
Top Bottom