Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #17

Here is my entry:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-with-three-tips-to-become-more-fluent.78044/
Understanding the Confusing and Mysterious Language of Chickens (With Three Tips to Become More Fluent)

Understanding the Confusing and Mysterious Language of Chickens (With Three Tips to Become More Fluent)

Every experienced chicken owner knows that their birds have a large (and sometimes funny!) vocabulary that allows them to communicate with the flock. From a cock-a-doodle-do to the squawk of a broody hen, chickens always seem to have the right word to describe what they are feeling. A hen may...

62e31bb091007cc5f80c76bcc092e16c.gif

This contest is now closed!
Thank you so much to everyone that participated! Judging will begin tomorrow and we will announce the winners here soon. So stay tuned and good luck to the contestants!!

Be sure to check out the new contest!

Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #18

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging and we have our winners!

First Place - @The_Chicken_Tender

Every experienced chicken owner knows that their birds have a large (and sometimes funny!) vocabulary that allows them to communicate with the flock. From a cock-a-doodle-do to the squawk of a broody hen, chickens always seem to have the right word to describe what they are feeling. A hen may...

Second Place - @3KillerBs
Slowpoke, a Reality Check After an Assisted Hatch

Slowpoke, a Reality Check After an Assisted Hatch

I had no intention of doing an assisted hatch. I am firmly of the belief that the first step in maintaining a healthy flock is to never perpetuate problems. However, after discussing it with people who knew more than I do, it seemed that the late egg from my first hatch, the one that had spent...

Third Place - @TwoCrows
Do Poultry Mourn Over The Loss Of A Flock Mate?

Do Poultry Mourn Over The Loss Of A Flock Mate?

Do Poultry Mourn? It has long been known that Elephants do indeed mourn their fallen comrades as do Giraffes and Apes. But do poultry and others in the avian species mourn? It has been very easy for human kind to think that animals or birds don’t have the...

Fourth Place - @Rylee456
The Best Breed of Chicken... For You

The Best Breed of Chicken... For You

Often the case with first-time chicken owners is that they have many questions. One of the most common is “What is the best chicken breed?”. This probably sparks a few memories for some of you reading this right now (including me, I am definitely guilty of this). Now, let me clarify, there is...

Fifth Place - @FussBudget
Wry Neck in a Chick

Wry Neck in a Chick

Symptoms My barred rock pullet was 9 days old when I noticed that something was wrong. Her little neck had begun to twist back and upwards, leaving her fighting to stand upright, and forcing her head slowly and mercilessly around until her throat faced the sky. It didn’t happen all at once, but...

@The_Chicken_Tender, @3KillerBs, @TwoCrows, @Rylee456, @FussBudget, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

Come check out the new contest!
Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #18

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap Great job everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

yippiechickie.gif

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to read all of the articles. I know it was incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

Back
Top Bottom