Ended Official BYC Contest - Post Your Best Poultry Dust Bathing Pics!

Nugget at 3 weeks and at 19 weeks. His technique hasn't changed!

I hate walking up on the chicks doing this. my heart drops and I seem to always think, "why did this one die"...  only to have it look up at me with that "what's wrong?" look.

Nugget was my first chick(the cat stole him from somewhere and brought him home)...This was all new to me. He just dove right into the garden dirt and never looked back. It's definitely shocking the first time you see it!

I hate walking up on the chicks doing this. my heart drops and I seem to always think, "why did this one die"... only to have it look up at me with that "what's wrong?" look.
Oh, I so know what you mean!!! I have at least 10 heart attacks a day thinking that I just had some bizarre death, so I go to pick them up and they jump up to say hello!

Wait, when you say Trader Joes, do you mean like the grocery store Trader Joes? Or is there a hatchery called Trader Joes?
I hatched fertile eggs from trader joes and whole foods in January. 18 pullets out of 42 eggs. There were 20 cockerels so the hatch went very well for me.

Cost me $12.00 for the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom