Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #10 - Creative Eggs & Eggshells Contest

Quote:
ya.gif
Yes...post it. Interested peoples would love to see it!
pop.gif

bow.gif
to all those who embroider eggs!
clap.gif

Ok, fine, @N F C and @Wickedchicken6 twisted my arm.

I took these last night, but its only about half finished.

"2016" on the back, each number will be dangling from gold string
Does anyone else like purple for Christmas? I once decorated a tree in all purple.
But I might change the "0" to red, then do the "1" in green, the "6" in red.

Ok, fine, @N F C and @Wickedchicken6 twisted my arm.

I took these last night, but its only about half finished.

"2016" on the back, each number will be dangling from gold string
Does anyone else like purple for Christmas? I once decorated a tree in all purple.
But I might change the "0" to red, then do the "1" in green, the "6" in red.
Wow!
bow.gif
That's very cool! I like purple for Christmas!
ya.gif

That's A LOT of holes drilled. You'll show us the finished egg??? I'd like to see it.
big_smile.png

I've never embroidered. How long does that take?

Last edited:
It is just clear coat finish. Really.
Does it dry quickly? I bought a craft glue but haven't used it yet. There's a glue on one of the nail art channels that looks really good, I've never gotten around to ordering it.
roll.png
I almost need something stronger to use for stones and gems on nails. Clear coat doesn't cut it.

I've also seen nails done like you did your eggs. I'm not sure if this is exactly like you did it...I purchased transfer type paper that I can print my own ideas out to transfer to my nails. I wasn't sure if clear coat would wreck it...sometimes it smears stuff. Modge podge looks like it's a shoe in.
yesss.gif

Quote: We do have Walmart up here.
woot.gif
Ours does not carry the same things yours does.
hit.gif

But ours might carry this. I'll check next time I'm in. Thank you for the website in case I can't find it.

Love the trees
Thank you!
smile.png
Those trees weren't what I had in my head but it worked. I wanted to sponge the trees on...but do you think I could find a darn makeup sponge? I found every other sponge possible other than the one I needed. I found a paint brush that worked.

Quote: Lol...thanks! The pink egg was a lot harder to do on such a large area...I've only done dry marbling on nails. I learned a few things.
thumbsup.gif

I had one of Spike's eggs (blue egg layer) that gradiated from light blue to dark on the large end. I incorporated that into the pic. Which is why the egg is upside down...lol. I painted the snow and the sky...the color behind the trees is the color of the egg at that point. I really like painting on eggs but I need a lot more practice to get the layers of color correct. I didn't get it right with this egg...but it looks ok so I'll
duc.gif

Whenever I'm not on here, and have time while eating...I've been studying street spray paint art. SO amazing, and I get it. I've learned more techniques for my nail art.
wink.png

The tutorial on painting the flower explains painting in layers and the 3 D goldfish is just wow!

0.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

Does it dry quickly? I bought a craft glue but haven't used it yet. There's a glue on one of the nail art channels that looks really good, I've never gotten around to ordering it.
roll.png
I almost need something stronger to use for stones and gems on nails. Clear coat doesn't cut it.

I've also seen nails done like you did your eggs. I'm not sure if this is exactly like you did it...I purchased transfer type paper that I can print my own ideas out to transfer to my nails. I wasn't sure if clear coat would wreck it...sometimes it smears stuff. Modge podge looks like it's a shoe in.
yesss.gif

It does dry pretty quick - I do half the egg (narrow to wide lengthwise) and let it sit on the dry rack as I do the others and when I'm done with 12 or so I can pick them up (still a bit tacky) and do the other side. I don't do it thick - it looks weird and gets streaky - but I'd say that's pretty quick since a side is only about 5 swipes of a paintbrush.

And it took me much longer than it should have to figure out why you were trying to paint large construction nails.

That's what I imagined, anyway.

Someone can revoke my woman card, now. Heck, I'll turn it in freely.

@Wickedchicken6
Thanks for sharing. The 3D goldfish was AMAZING. I had no idea that technique even existed. If I saw that finished in person, I would have thought a poor goldfish was just dropped in resin.

It does dry pretty quick - I do half the egg (narrow to wide lengthwise) and let it sit on the dry rack as I do the others and when I'm done with 12 or so I can pick them up (still a bit tacky) and do the other side. I don't do it thick - it looks weird and gets streaky - but I'd say that's pretty quick since a side is only about 5 swipes of a paintbrush. 

And it took me much longer than it should have to figure out why you were trying to paint large construction nails. 

:gig

lau.gif
Too funny!

Back
Top Bottom