Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #10 - Creative Eggs & Eggshells Contest

Quote: That's pretty quick for drying time. Right on!
thumbsup.gif

Haha...no need to turn in any card. I've had "maybe"10 nail polishes my whole life.
Starting in 2013, I now have 3 tall (8 drawer) gracious living storage units packed full of everything you can imagine in nail polish colors, nail art and bling.
It's funny how life goes.
hu.gif

And I, um, couldn't figure out why the colors were numbered on the embroidering on duckchicks's egg. And then I realized she was talking about the ACTUAL numbers "2016."
Oh man.
hide.gif
gig.gif
I think you're fine. And painting on spikes. (nails) I could see that being a thing.
clap.gif

@Wickedchicken6
Thanks for sharing. The 3D goldfish was AMAZING. I had no idea that technique even existed. If I saw that finished in person, I would have thought a poor goldfish was just dropped in resin.
Amazing stuff and such skill! When I first saw it I was like...what the ???
I even made my hubby and son watch it. It blew me away. Them, not so much...
gig.gif

Ok, fine, @N F C and @Wickedchicken6 twisted my arm.

I took these last night, but its only about half finished.

"2016" on the back, each number will be dangling from gold string
Does anyone else like purple for Christmas? I once decorated a tree in all purple.
But I might change the "0" to red, then do the "1" in green, the "6" in red.
Looking good! How in the world are you getting the needle through there without breaking egg?!
I would have it in pieces in thrown in the trash by now
big_smile.png

Table center piece using fresh eggs collected.
big_smile.png
Beautiful idea for a centerpiece!

Looking good!  How in the world are you getting the needle through there without breaking egg?!
I would have it in pieces in thrown in the trash by now:D

Beautiful idea for a centerpiece!

There's a link a little further back in this thread that showed me how to do it. But you just exit out a hole on the opposite side, then come back in through the same hole for the next stitch.

A few well-placed larger holes are helpful, and I've found it easier to stitch a little at a time on one side, the go to the other, and back and forth. The shells are actually alot tougher than they seem. I've dropped them a few times!

There's a link a little further back in this thread that showed me how to do it. But you just exit out a hole on the opposite side, then come back in through the same hole for the next stitch.

A few well-placed larger holes are helpful, and I've found it easier to stitch a little at a time on one side, the go to the other, and back and forth. The shells are actually alot tougher than they seem. I've dropped them a few times!

Can't wait to see the finished egg, that will look so cool on your tree!

Here they are...the winners of the 2017 Creative Eggs & Eggshells Contest!

@superchemicalgirl

@Wickedchicken6

@NickyKnack

CONGRATULATIONS!
Sumi will be sending a PM to each of you with details on your prize...a beautiful 2017 BYC Calendar.

So many awesome entries...thank you to all that participated in this contest!

Back
Top Bottom