Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #10 - Creative Eggs & Eggshells Contest

Wow everyone's egg art is so pretty! I thought I would enter some of the quail egg necklaces I made.

I had so many quail eggs and I always thought the shells looked so beautiful, and very natural without any paint or added color, so I thought I could save them by hollowing them out and using them as Easter decorations. By the way hollowing quail eggs is a whole lot harder than chicken or duck eggs, so tiny and fragile. I then decided to see if I could make them into necklaces. It was difficult making the shells strong enough so they wouldn't break, but after experimenting with different art supplies I was able to get the relatively strong. They never will be completely break resistant, let's not forget they are still eggs
smile.png
, but they can handle a few drops.

This one was especially hard to make since i had to try and break it just right. It is coated inside and out with the same coating I used on the above egg. I painted the inside with gold nail polish to make it sparkle. And attached a real quail feather for some extra pizzazz. They are quite the conversation starter whenever I wear them. Hope you enjoy!
clap.gif

Here's my entry. If an ostrich egg counts? It's an acrylic painting on a blown out ostrich egg.
clap.gif

bow.gif
Loving all the entries on here!
love.gif

I've learned more stuff on these mini contests than I did on the Halloween HAL.
celebrate.gif
Amazing!

It is just clear coat finish. Really.
Does it dry quickly? I bought a craft glue but haven't used it yet. There's a glue on one of the nail art channels that looks really good, I've never gotten around to ordering it.
roll.png
I almost need something stronger to use for stones and gems on nails. Clear coat doesn't cut it.

I've also seen nails done like you did your eggs. I'm not sure if this is exactly like you did it...I purchased transfer type paper that I can print my own ideas out to transfer to my nails. I wasn't sure if clear coat would wreck it...sometimes it smears stuff. Modge podge looks like it's a shoe in.
yesss.gif

Quote: We do have Walmart up here.
woot.gif
Ours does not carry the same things yours does.
hit.gif

But ours might carry this. I'll check next time I'm in. Thank you for the website in case I can't find it.

Love the trees
Thank you!
smile.png
Those trees weren't what I had in my head but it worked. I wanted to sponge the trees on...but do you think I could find a darn makeup sponge? I found every other sponge possible other than the one I needed. I found a paint brush that worked.

Quote: Lol...thanks! The pink egg was a lot harder to do on such a large area...I've only done dry marbling on nails. I learned a few things.
thumbsup.gif

I had one of Spike's eggs (blue egg layer) that gradiated from light blue to dark on the large end. I incorporated that into the pic. Which is why the egg is upside down...lol. I painted the snow and the sky...the color behind the trees is the color of the egg at that point. I really like painting on eggs but I need a lot more practice to get the layers of color correct. I didn't get it right with this egg...but it looks ok so I'll
duc.gif

Whenever I'm not on here, and have time while eating...I've been studying street spray paint art. SO amazing, and I get it. I've learned more techniques for my nail art.
wink.png

The tutorial on painting the flower explains painting in layers and the 3 D goldfish is just wow!

0.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

Ok, fine, @N F C and @Wickedchicken6 twisted my arm.

I took these last night, but its only about half finished.

"2016" on the back, each number will be dangling from gold string
Does anyone else like purple for Christmas? I once decorated a tree in all purple.
But I might change the "0" to red, then do the "1" in green, the "6" in red.
Looking good! How in the world are you getting the needle through there without breaking egg?!
I would have it in pieces in thrown in the trash by now
big_smile.png

Table center piece using fresh eggs collected.
big_smile.png
Beautiful idea for a centerpiece!

Thank you for the help!

painting one side at a time makes sense.

Thank you for the patch ideas. They might work for the turkey eggs, cuz those are pale. The rest are olive eggs and dark brown Marans eggs. Maybe if I hunt around I can find some matching craft paint.

OK. So it says two pictures, does that mean we can do up to two entries of one picture each, or we could do one entry with up to two pictures? Did that make sense? :p

Back
Top Bottom