Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #10 - Creative Eggs & Eggshells Contest

Today (Sunday) is the last day of the contest, get your entries in!

Here's my entry. If an ostrich egg counts? It's an acrylic painting on a blown out ostrich egg.

Wow everyone's egg art is so pretty! I thought I would enter some of the quail egg necklaces I made.

I had so many quail eggs and I always thought the shells looked so beautiful, and very natural without any paint or added color, so I thought I could save them by hollowing them out and using them as Easter decorations. By the way hollowing quail eggs is a whole lot harder than chicken or duck eggs, so tiny and fragile. I then decided to see if I could make them into necklaces. It was difficult making the shells strong enough so they wouldn't break, but after experimenting with different art supplies I was able to get the relatively strong. They never will be completely break resistant, let's not forget they are still eggs :), but they can handle a few drops.

This one was especially hard to make since i had to try and break it just right. It is coated inside and out with the same coating I used on the above egg. I painted the inside with gold nail polish to make it sparkle. And attached a real quail feather for some extra pizzazz. They are quite the conversation starter whenever I wear them. Hope you enjoy!

Clever idea! They are indeed pretty eggs.

Wow everyone's egg art is so pretty! I thought I would enter some of the quail egg necklaces I made.

I had so many quail eggs and I always thought the shells looked so beautiful, and very natural without any paint or added color, so I thought I could save them by hollowing them out and using them as Easter decorations. By the way hollowing quail eggs is a whole lot harder than chicken or duck eggs, so tiny and fragile. I then decided to see if I could make them into necklaces. It was difficult making the shells strong enough so they wouldn't break, but after experimenting with different art supplies I was able to get the relatively strong. They never will be completely break resistant, let's not forget they are still eggs
smile.png
, but they can handle a few drops.

This one was especially hard to make since i had to try and break it just right. It is coated inside and out with the same coating I used on the above egg. I painted the inside with gold nail polish to make it sparkle. And attached a real quail feather for some extra pizzazz. They are quite the conversation starter whenever I wear them. Hope you enjoy!
clap.gif

Here's my entry. If an ostrich egg counts? It's an acrylic painting on a blown out ostrich egg.
clap.gif

bow.gif
Loving all the entries on here!
love.gif

I've learned more stuff on these mini contests than I did on the Halloween HAL.
celebrate.gif
Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom