Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #10 - Creative Eggs & Eggshells Contest

Youtube...a person could get totally lost in that world. One thing leads to another, to another, to infinity
lol.png

@Wickedchicken6 sorry if you've already shared some with us, but about the nail art...do you do that for other people or only yourself? Done any poultry-related nail art?

I usually get stuck in infinity myself.
big_smile.png

I read BYC or watch You tube when I eat if no one's around...like right now.

Nail art became a hobby, turned into a passion after my back issues. You tube trained...lol!
So far I only have done my own nails.
If I hadn't gotten chickens, I was thinking of going to nail tech school. Still am considering it, maybe.

I haven't done chicken nail art. Yet.
wink.png

Not an Entry

This was my first & third nail art try...lol. (I couldn't try something easier??)
gig.gif

This is the last one I did. Not a great pic but I was in a moving truck..lol.
I'm better with graphics than specific drawings. Anything chicken related will be a very simple idea...or else you may not know it's a chicken...lol!

Good job with the nail art! I especially like the dragon fly one.

You should try a chicken theme...bet they'd turn out great!

You are a brave person! I hope you try it, I'd like to see what you come up with. 

So, I hollowed out over a dozen eggs this morning, designed and drilled two (simple designs for practice) about to "try" embroidering.

That's what I "was" going to do. "Was" is the key word there...:gig
I bought an engraver and a dremel tool to carve eggs. The engraver was much more precise.
My broken egg picture is what happened when I used the dremel. (Knock off version)
:bow  on the embroidery eggs and drilling that!

I think for carving/etching one almost requires precision equipment like the sc carver or a dentist tool.
I don't think I can afford those at the moment.:(
I'm going to stick with what I know best....nail art.

Hopefully I'll get something done soon. :celebrate

I already had a dremel, because I do woodworking also, then thought I'd like to try carving eggs. But I broke so many! Then bought the "add-on" tool. I think it's an etcher, maybe, but it's low vibration. Makes a huge difference. The add-on tool wasn't that expensive, but to buy the whole shebang at one time could be. I have collected bits and stuff over the years.

The nail art looks awesome though! I would think it would be easy enough to do the same type of thing on an egg! Probably even use the nail polish, or paint, since you can do that tiny work.

So, I hollowed out over a dozen eggs this morning, designed and drilled two (simple designs for practice) about to "try" embroidering.
I already had a dremel, because I do woodworking also, then thought I'd like to try carving eggs. But I broke so many! Then bought the "add-on" tool. I think it's an etcher, maybe, but it's low vibration. Makes a huge difference. The add-on tool wasn't that expensive, but to buy the whole shebang at one time could be. I have collected bits and stuff over the years.

The nail art looks awesome though! I would think it would be easy enough to do the same type of thing on an egg! Probably even use the nail polish, or paint, since you can do that tiny work.

Good luck with the embroidery WV!

x2 on doing the nail art type thing on an egg. One thing about an egg, you have a bigger "canvas"!

Love the nail art. I can't even put on one colour of nail polish without getting it half-way up my arm, so I'm very impressed.

I hear you on that. Then too, I keep my nails very short so any 'art' would be extremely teeny-tiny
big_smile.png

The December 11th closing date is getting closer, sure would be nice to see more entries!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom