• Meat

Votes: 640 26.4%
  • Fertilizer

Votes: 924 38.1%
  • Bug Control

Votes: 1,018 42.0%
  • More interesting and/or easy than other animals

Votes: 642 26.5%
  • Other (please specify in reply comments)

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • Showing & Exhibition

Votes: 219 9.0%

• Total voters
Other: Because someone left me a rooster last fall, and as a social critter, he needed a few friends. Although, honestly, he seems quite content being with people.

A neighbor got game hens and turned loose years ago, then someone dropped off a rooster and when the babies showed up dad wanted them for fresh eggs. Then I rescued my babies, Georgia and Baby Girl and raised them and they all became my babies ( I don't have kids so the chickens are my kids). Plus they are good for stressful days.

I got started rather unexpectedly, was helping my father in law with his birds and realized that I really enjoyed his chickens.( Okay.....I was a little jealous of the eggs too). So I decided to try it out at my house

I was speaking with a reporter today and he asked why people raise chickens. I'm hoping with this poll that we can get an idea of the % of people that raise chickens for different purposes.

Please select all that apply!

Thanks!
you are a good man... thank you for doing this BYC thing ... without you i wouldn't be raising a flock of hens... ide be doing nothing ..... retired US Marshal ..thanks again

I just love chickens! I love their unique personalities, I enjoy watching their interactions, and I think they are inherently funny.

wow. Not alot of people do showing.

POULTRY SHOW AWARENESS Its so fun and gives me a challenge and gets me to really interact with my birds.

definitely reccomend to anyone finding themself in a chicken knowledge rutt.

Back
Top Bottom