offshore fishing

Well did you go fishing or the weather was to bad?
smile.png

haha BOTH!

We went, but once we got out the channel it was 3 foot already, was about 6 at 12 miles.... caught 1 grouper. and 3 of the 6 started blowing chum off the sides of the boat.... bad storm started moving in and saw a water spout coming out of 1 so we said the heck with it and came back in.... now this weekend the Atlantic side is flat as glass right now and nobody can get away to go... bout how it goes.... and I'm ready for a tarpon.... not going is killin my heart

haha BOTH!

We went, but once we got out the channel it was 3 foot already, was about 6 at 12 miles.... caught 1 grouper. and 3 of the 6 started blowing chum off the sides of the boat.... bad storm started moving in and saw a water spout coming out of 1 so we said the heck with it and came back in.... now this weekend the Atlantic side is flat as glass right now and nobody can get away to go... bout how it goes.... and I'm ready for a tarpon.... not going is killin my heart
I wish i had some grouper on the grill.

Can we share worst fishing experiences? Took a charter with a buddy of mine when I took him and my family on vacation to California. I sent the family to Sea World and we went deep sea fishing. What a joke. At first it looked like we were going to have plenty of room as there was only a couple more people on the boat. The boat was about 85 ft long. By the time we left, there were tons of people and fishing was elbow to elbow. We spent most of the time undoing our lines from other peoples lines. We had booked an all day experience so when they came back at half day, we got off, canceled the other half of the day and went to Mexico instead.

Can we share worst fishing experiences? Took a charter with a buddy of mine when I took him and my family on vacation to California. I sent the family to Sea World and we went deep sea fishing. What a joke. At first it looked like we were going to have plenty of room as there was only a couple more people on the boat. The boat was about 85 ft long. By the time we left, there were tons of people and fishing was elbow to elbow. We spent most of the time undoing our lines from other peoples lines. We had booked an all day experience so when they came back at half day, we got off, canceled the other half of the day and went to Mexico instead.
sounds like you booked a headboat, not a charter boat...

yep, heres a big difference in headboats ( party boats) and a private charter.
Of course the price difference is big too...

did one for the heck of it about 20 years ago myself, so friends booked it. Had heard me talk about offshore fishing, so they booked a trip and asked me to go...why heck yeah I was going... they didn't know the difference, I did when I saw the boat though haha.

same deal, a's to elbows and just a few fish to speak of. Private charters are the way to go for sure

I guess i was lucky on the headboats 40 yrs ago. The got there where the boat was leaving Capt. said the weather was going to be bad do ya'll still want to go .All the men said yes. Mom and I was the only female we did not say anything. There was about 80 on the boat that day. Most of them got sick and my mom too. There was about dozen fished the other fish and chum overboad. When we got back to land the men looked at me and said honey you want my fish and i said yes not thinking . I do not want to see a fish again. So i ended up about 20 fish of my own and got about 80 or so more . Guess what I had to clean all the fish by my self it took me for ever .

Back
Top Bottom