OH NATIONAL 2012 ~ Are you going to be there?

Here are some things you need to know-

There is a charge by the Ohio Expositions Commission to park on the fairgrounds. One entry (no in and out) day privleges ca be bought or there is the weekend pass option. It costs more but is good for all three days and even though it says "no in and out" they never check or keep track of it. There is a lot to do in Columbus: shopping, educational, amusements. The poor misguided folks in your party may want to go shopping for something other than birds and bird equipment. Maybe, in time, you can bring them back to their senses.

Also, we feel obligated to tell you about the food available at the show. This is a concession that has exclusive rights to food sales on the grounds. We don't like the situation and neither will you. The prices are very high and the quality is not great. Consider packing a small cooler and bring sandwiches and drinks. There are plenty of places to be out of the way to enjoy your food, like the mezzanian overlooking the show. Just don't setup your picnic in the concessionaires dining area. Really, it is so bad that small children have been seen fighting the chickens over scratch feed for something affordable and better to eat.

Be advised also that there is a $5.00 per person entry fee to the show on Saturday charged to everyone over 12. This applies to persons who are not exhibitors or participants in junior showmanship events. All exhibitors and members of their parties get entry badges when they check in. The average exhibitor at the show pays just under $50 to see the show. Think of the entry fee as a convenint way for you to help everyone enjoy the show. Compare the price of amusement of things like going to a movie, for two hours.

The entry fee we charge helps to defray the costs of the junior show which this year is the largest we have ever had and the new record holder for any show, any time. Juniors do not have to be exhibitors to participate in showmanship (but they will need a bird) or any other junior events. Things like last year, Lindsay Halbach RN had all the little guys doing poultry finger painting. Looked like they were having a great time until it was over and they cae back into the show hall. The chickens were scared of the pint size technicolor youngsters who were all laughing and having a great time.

Where are you from blessedchick?
I'm from the Marengo area...just about 30 mins North of C-bus
yippiechickie.gif

There will also be special activities for Youth that have cochins.
- a knowledge/skillathon quiz
-showmanship for just cochin kids
-a costume contest- dress those cochins up.
It will all be in the name of fun, to introduce cochin kids to each other and learn more about their awesome breed. Come to the Cochins International table for more information.

I don't recall a fee for parking the past few years, but my memory gets a bit fuzzy at times.

Anyway...on the subject of testing birds...what will I need to bring for my daughter to show her birds? Is my NPIP card sufficient, or will something else be needed?

I am a newbie and am having a hard time finding fall chicks. I was sooo excited when I saw this until I typed it into mapquest :( 5hr 17min. Although I would probably pay more in shipping to find all the breeds I want. Definitely gonna have to run it past the hubby, he's gonna think I'm crazy.

I am a newbie and am having a hard time finding fall chicks. I was sooo excited when I saw this until I typed it into mapquest :( 5hr 17min. Although I would probably pay more in shipping to find all the breeds I want. Definitely gonna have to run it past the hubby, he's gonna think I'm crazy.
Do not expect to find many chicks at any fall show. In the exhibition poultry world hatching usually starts right after The OHIO NATIONAL. The show is part of the grande finale on the season signals the start of the breeding/hatching season.

Back
Top Bottom