OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Grew up in Tuscarawas County and now live in Carroll County near Leesville lake. New to keeping chickens but don't have many questions because I have been doing my research for a few years.
Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful spring!

I had to share this here, where I knew other chicken people would understand....I have 171 egg cartons!
1f602.png
Some of which are more than a 12 count. So I have cartons for 188 dozen eggs! Does anyone else have this problem? Would anyone like a few...dozen...cartons?
1f923.png
1f609.png

I had to share this here, where I knew other chicken people would understand....I have 171 egg cartons!
1f602.png
Some of which are more than a 12 count. So I have cartons for 188 dozen eggs! Does anyone else have this problem? Would anyone like a few...dozen...cartons?
1f923.png
1f609.png

Didn't have that bad, but a friend that owns chickens and their eggs were scarce, gave me 75 egg cartons. I thought that was a lot
1f602.png
1f61c.png

Didn't have that bad, but a friend that owns chickens and their eggs were scarce, gave me 75 egg cartons. I thought that was a lot
1f602.png
1f61c.png

I hate to tell people not to save them for me. Family members and close friends know they don't have to save or return cartons. I swear though if I tell co-workers they don't need to save them anymore when I do need cartons again it will be impossible to get my hands on them.

I've only raised chicken from day one, I got 20 ++ all are friendly except the Blue Copper Marans & couple of Silver Laced Wyandottes who never wanted to be touch or pick up, they come for treats but that's about all. Even the White Leghorns wants to be picked up and petted. My friendliest hens are the EEs (got 5) and the Black Copper Marans (got 2) Now I have a couple 2 wk old Crested Black Polish very skittish along with a California White, we'll see how they turned out in few weeks.

My 7 week olds are all in the coop now. They seem to appreciate my visits and each are still put in my lap or on an arm for treats if they don't volunteer first. They were very friendly with my Mom too. Idaho my little Rooster hopped on her shoulder and complained quietly about me.
1f61d.png

Back before folks started to return and save cartons for me, I went and bought a salvage truck full of them. I've got THOUSANDS of brand new cartons in my garage, basement and attic... but mostly just use the returned ones. Lol.

Hi, we are new to chickens and new to BYC. We live in Huber Heights (Dayton) Ohio. If I have questions about coop design (specifically ventilation), would this be the place to ask? I did post a question in the Coop Design, Construction, Maintenance thread. It was suggested I ask in the state thread. Thanks!

Robin

Hi, we are new to chickens and new to BYC. We live in Huber Heights (Dayton) Ohio. If I have questions about coop design (specifically ventilation), would this be the place to ask? I did post a question in the Coop Design, Construction, Maintenance thread. It was suggested I ask in the state thread. Thanks!

Robin
Hi & Welcome Robin,

We live in Middletown Ohio, so were fairly close. We breed, raise & sell Black, Blue and Splash Australorps.

-Tara
BluRooFarmOH

Back
Top Bottom