OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

It is actually the first saturday morning of each month- lots of fowl - many chickens - ducks - turkeys - pigeons.Its in Degraff Ohio - not far from Bellefontaine. I cannot promise the Orloffs - but like i said i have seen them there - plus the orloff thread on here is really good and someone there should be able to help you locate quality birds - whereas the auction you are not aware of the quality or the background of the birds

Hi everyone! There are so many people on here from Ohio! I live just north of Delaware between Radnor and Prospect on an old farm. Love it out here! We got our first set of chicks from TSC and a few others here and there. We met Mark and Cathy who breed a lot of different types of chickens outside of Marion. Where does everyone get "fancy" breeds? Hatchery? Or individual breeders?

~ Erin

Quote:
First, just wanted to hello and
welcome-byc.gif
. I'm sure someone here will be able to help!

Hi FeathersFlying! Glad you're here! For just eye candy chickens that are nice to have around but I'm not trying to breed or at least not breed to standard necessarily, I go through Meyers Hatchery Near Wooster. As far as something I want to breed 'to standard', or to try to maintain the standards etc, I look for a good private breeder, which takes a bit of hunting and research, but that's kinda fun too!

Hello all. We just moved back to Ohio after being in the warm south for almost 20yrs. We have chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, guineas, horses, rabbits, dogs, cats etc. lol We live in Rockbridge, which is just south of Lancaster.
I'm hoping maybe someone close has a few chicks for sale. My chocolate turkey hen laid late in the year, and we were able to save 2 of the poults initially, but this morning one died.
sad.png
The other is peeping like crazy being alone, so, I'm trying to find it some companions. If anyone can help, please email me and let me know. TIA

I'm glad to find Ohioans on here
smile.png
))

Hello fellow Ohioans,

I am in Columbus Ohio. I became a chicken owner abruptly on July 4th when I agreed to rescue three chickens. My friend's mom was keeping them in a burb where it's illegal--and I guess someone called the chicken police. So I now have two Rhode Island Reds and one Polish Bantam.

It has been quite an adventure. But I think I'm pretty much hooked now.

And now that I have chickens, I discover to my surprise I am in a very chicken-friendly neighborhood. It turns out that three other families on our street (only two blocks long) and four families on the next street down also keep chickens.

(If anyone is looking for a chicken-friendly neighborhood--there's a couple houses for sale around here!)

I look forward to learning more and meeting other like-minded people.

Dawn

I was at the Ohio Nationals, and I ran into a friend of a friend, who recognized me from my "disco days" in Columbus, and showed me his friend's chickens there. Apparently, Columbus has no chicken rules? One can have a flock in Victorian Villiage, the Short North, or wherever?!?!?!? That is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom