OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Quote:
Yes, I am going to keep giving them yogurt several times a week, to keep their gut cultures in good health. And it looks like the foot on the other chicken is healed up, no more limping! On a scary note, the neighbors say that a raccoon has been seen raiding their bird feeder, so we have to be sure and lock of the chickens every night before dark. Luckily or coop is critter proof with hardware cloth and spring snap hooks.

My mottled ameraucanas are pipping.
1f64c.png
1f64c.png
1f64c.png
1f423.png
. Hope to have babies soon

We went to the feed store today and I saw the small prefab coops out front. I joked about buying one and calling it the "Serama Palace."

My husband said, "Those are just displays. I'm sure the real ones are larger than that."

I laughed and said, "That's the actual size. Those are the $200 coops you've been trying to buy instead of building one."

For the rest of the feed store visit he was grousing about how much the tiny prefabs cost. He's no longer a prefab fan.
lol.png

We went to the feed store today and I saw the small prefab coops out front. I joked about buying one and calling it the "Serama Palace."

My husband said, "Those are just displays. I'm sure the real ones are larger than that."

I laughed and said, "That's the actual size. Those are the $200 coops you've been trying to buy instead of building one."

For the rest of the feed store visit he was grousing about how much the tiny prefabs cost. He's no longer a prefab fan. :lol:

Amen!!! We built out 12x12 coop for $100 of coarse it was out of skids and hard work.

I had planned on doing the shed-into- coop plan, hubby had his own mind. Few wks ago he said it would've been cheaper or about same price as those sheds. Grrrr I gave him all the cheap coop plans I find and he refused every one!! (Of course he said ooo good idea or I like that idea, but that's what happens when he gets an idea then looks on You tube)

I am considering getting a third or fourth bird since I have heard I should always have at least that many. I have a black Australorpe and a EE right now. Anyone have chicks for sale near Cincinnati? I live in the city so I need quiet breeds if possible. What's out there? Feel free to PM thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom